So who leaves? Attrition.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Weve also had guys move on early to start careers, not sure how many. There was the one starting OL that didnt return for his SR year because he joined a NASCAR pit crew--one of the stranger attrition cases I can think of.
Yea, Fromoyan did that. Year before Preddy quit and year after Brown quit.
In my opinion Trey K left due to ast coach issues. Bryan would have quit as well.

The old coaching style - i m the coach, you are in the dog house, i ll play freshmen - has played a big part the ineffective oline play and no ol guys wanting to play as r sr.

I hope we build a tradition ofchaving at least 2 rs sr. These will be grown men that know the system. Gt ol of the past - forever demoting or running off former starters to put in freshmen and soph.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
They didn’t do much at Gt and not much where they transferred, how does prove that a bb can’t play in other systems?

Marshall was the best bback we had when he left. Only reason he left was because CPJ continued to give the nod to Mills because he was a better practice player. This all the while Mills is having issues off the field.

Marshall transfers, Mills subsequently sees his time at GT go up in smoke (literally and figuratively) about 6-8 months later.

This was about when my fandom of CPJ started downhill. Marshall was by far the most explosive bback we’d seen since Dwyer and did not get the touched or love he deserved (from the outside looking in) from Paul. I agree with you on the other guys, but completely disagree on Marshall.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Marshall was the best bback we had when he left. Only reason he left was because CPJ continued to give the nod to Mills because he was a better practice player. This all the while Mills is having issues off the field.

Marshall transfers, Mills subsequently sees his time at GT go up in smoke (literally and figuratively) about 6-8 months later.

This was about when my fandom of CPJ started downhill. Marshall was by far the most explosive bback we’d seen since Dwyer and did not get the touched or love he deserved (from the outside looking in) from Paul. I agree with you on the other guys, but completely disagree on Marshall.
We all saw how good Mills was on the field. Rewatch the bowl game vs Kentucky. He was better in that offense than Marcus. MM lost the position battle, got mad and took his football and went home.

Deleted member 2897

Just because he's in the portal does not mean he will definitely transfer.

No way, its like a black hole where not even light can escape!

giphy.gif

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer

I think DM was the better back, but if MM would have run as hard as he did against the pups the entire year he would have been the starter. He was a beast late in that game

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Just because he's in the portal does not mean he will definitely transfer.

This is a true caveat. There is a very small percentage of cases where the player doesn't end up transferring. My understanding, though, is that once the player enters the portal, his old team is not required to take him back if he changes his mind. In KB's case, I imagine we would, however. His leaving doesn't open up any scholarships for 2020.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Its going to interesting to see if any major schools wants to use a scholarship on Benson with his injury history and unknown status coming off the last one.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Michigan needs running back help anf benson could also shift up to play a traditional full backnin heavy sets. I would not be surprised if harbaugh takes a shot.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
knee scooters are typically used for lower leg injuries, ankle, foot. I "think" he was in a foot cast or boot. can't remember. I didn't get the impression it was a knee injury.
Correct, you won't be on a scooter for a knee injury.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
Michigan needs running back help anf benson could also shift up to play a traditional full backnin heavy sets. I would not be surprised if harbaugh takes a shot.

A guy that has played B-Back for the last several years and sustained multiple knee injuries is not going to get a look from Michigan. Way too many question marks IMO. My guess is he ends up at a Group of 5 school or at the FCS level. Middle Tennesse offered him out of HS, maybe he ends up there. Several of the Kennesaw State coaches are following him on Twitter. That is a strong possibility as well.

Best of luck to him.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
A guy that has played B-Back for the last several years and sustained multiple knee injuries is not going to get a look from Michigan. Way too many question marks IMO. My guess is he ends up at a Group of 5 school or at the FCS level. Middle Tennesse offered him out of HS, maybe he ends up there. Several of the Kennesaw State coaches are following him on Twitter. That is a strong possibility as well.

Best of luck to him.

He doesn't really seem to use twitter but his most recent followers are coaches from KSU, West Florida, UTEP, Eastern New Mexico and Citadel. He is from Marietta. My best guess is he suits up for the Owls next year. Dunno what kind of team they bring back next year, but with a handful of our guys, they might win the FCS natty.