So who leaves? Attrition.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Please point me to these people, because I'm pretty sure they don't exist. Disagreeing with you on this topic doesn't make them "win at all costs."

It's likely the same fans he accused of expecting multiple nattys in a few years. Crickets still chirping on a request for who they are.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
There are several posters here that are of the win at all cost mindset. You can chose to ignore it, but it doesn't change that fact.
So I take it you disagree with lowering admissions standards for SA's? I'm not saying we don't have some of the brightest SA's out there, but I can bet you that there are a handful in every class that would not be accepted for admission if not for athletics.

Deleted member 2897

I just read who they are on Rivals. 1 is already public. There is only 1 who isn't yet.

And many more to come.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So I take it you disagree with lowering admissions standards for SA's? I'm not saying we don't have some of the brightest SA's out there, but I can bet you that there are a handful in every class that would not be accepted for admission if not for athletics.

Well to be fair, he referred to a "win at all cost mindset". He didn't say there was no cost. Some exceptions have to be made in admissions (we make fewer than most anybody else in P5) but there the exceptions should stop. Everybody still has to make the grade. It's not all-or-nothing. But we lower admission standards less than most and have graduated a very high percentage of our football players. Hope that continues.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
It was mentioned elsewhere. I didnt get it from an insider site. So dont take it as gospel but it makes sense to me. Howard has looked great, Mason and Malloy have been solid. Griffin and Amerson arrive in the fall. Could be very tough for him to get the carries he would want.

Wouldn’t he likely be an immediately eligible grad transfer like Braun?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Ok so the P5 prohibits that but why is it right for one to be different than the other? You get preferential treatment because you are an athlete and not a whiz kid?

Apples and oranges, All scholarships, including athletic ones, have certain academic standards that must be met in order to maintain them.

Deleted member 2897

It was mentioned elsewhere. I didnt get it from an insider site. So dont take it as gospel but it makes sense to me. Howard has looked great, Mason and Malloy have been solid. Griffin and Amerson arrive in the fall. Could be very tough for him to get the carries he would want.

It really sucks for him and unfair (if its Benson). New system, so he's lost a huge advantage as being the old competent dependable starter, and now would presumably behind several other guys. He wouldn't really gain anything transferring somewhere else either, unless he steps down a level. I hate it these guys are leaving, but as I've said before, for many of them its the last chance in their lives to play competitive football, and many people are willing to change schools to help stay on the field.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

IMO Kirvonte is our best fullback, in all probability.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I liked what I saw out of Dontae Smith in the spring game as well. IMO Kirvonte's injury set him back, even though Choice stated it was still his job.