So who leaves? Attrition.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The central argument of this exhausting thread that has become uber-redundant and convoluted (who said anything about us pay players?) is no longer who is leaving but how they are leaving. Whether it’s by force or choice. What i don’t get from the selective morality/integrity crew,

This question has been answered numerous times in this uber-redundant and convoluted (who said anything about us pay players?) thread

You are the only one who answered it clearly and unequivocally. Yes, how they are leaving is the central burning issue.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It’s not right for schools to revoke players’ scholarships just because they aren’t good enough to see the field

Then what are they doing to earn the scholarship?

Do people really think just staying eligible and giving 100% at practice warrants a full ride?

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I posted this on another board and I think it needs saying here too.

Here is one factor a lot of you are forgetting about: I'm not saying this is the case with any of our tranfers so far, but many of these players would not get into GT on academics alone. They get into school because of their athletic ability and their grades are "good enough." So when their athletic ability doesn't pan out, why do we owe them a GT degree? The other fallacy is the belief that these kids are just being pushed to the wayside or thrown into the streets. I can guarantee you there are plenty of good landing spots for any of these guys where they can play and earn a valuable degree, for free, and I'm sure all the coaches do what they can to help these guys find a place to play.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
To me this thread makes little sense, other than providing a platform for nay sayers who are content with 50/50 ball to diss on the new staff. Sports is all about competition, including competition to make a team. If a kid thinks he can play at a P5 level and can make the team for 4 years, that is HIS ultimate decision. If it doesn't work out for him, then he needs to re-evaluate and come up with an option that best suits HIM and our team, with the full help and support of our staff. As a fan, we all need to trust in our staff and AD to handle this process in a manner that befits the integrity of our school while allowing us to compete on a level playing field at a P5 level until PROVEN otherwise.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Galley average about 9 leaving per year and cpj averaged 10. If cgc will recruit like Stanford (25 average class rank);, we will be much lower in attritions and have balanced class sizes. The big attrition years followed by big recruiting class is bad cycle

Could we please stop acusing coaches of doing unethical acts for which we have no evidence?

I am interested in looking at the list athletes leaving by position coach.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
So who else is leaving? With Jackson and Williams leaving, and Wells being put on scholly, we are now at what 87 on scholarship?