So When Will Practice Start Again??

LibertyTurns

Banned
Nothing we are talking about has a thing to do with "recruits".

This is about current members of the team - Fr / So / Jr / Sr it doesn't matter -coming back to campus to start practice.

Why is GT not allowing our team back the same as our competition?
Sorry, used the term recruit too liberally. I was referring to individuals who are athletes, signed but not yet matriculated.

I’m very surprised the NCAA permits giving stipends, clothing, shoes to work out, food, housing & allows training & basically unlimited contact of individuals who are not yet technically in school.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, used the term recruit too liberally. I was referring to individuals who are athletes, signed but not yet matriculated.

I’m very surprised the NCAA permits giving stipends, clothing, shoes to work out, food, housing & allows training & basically unlimited contact of individuals who are not yet technically in school.
That has been SOP forever. Kids have always had several weeks of workouts before school started.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone willing to lay odds?

As someone who sells GT gear, I’d put money on it NOT “selling like hot cakes.” Until you’ve sold to college sports fans, you don’t know how tough a sell getting GT fans to buy anything (in any quantity) is. The very, very few of us here that buy lots of GT merch is rare.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
My response was not so much in the realm of selling like hotcakes as to whether the GTAA would act on such a proposal to start with.

Pray i could be wrong on either count.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
As someone who sells GT gear, I’d put money on it NOT “selling like hot cakes.” Until you’ve sold to college sports fans, you don’t know how tough a sell getting GT fans to buy anything (in any quantity) is. The very, very few of us here that buy lots of GT merch is rare.
I generally agree with you that we are tough nuts to crack, but I think a subscription service where once a month you got a limited run GT piece of gear (shorts, shirt, hat, bag etc.) like what the team is issued would be low cost to set up and would drive higher participation. You miss the month, you miss the piece.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I generally agree with you that we are tough nuts to crack, but I think a subscription service where once a month you got a limited run GT piece of gear (shorts, shirt, hat, bag etc.) like what the team is issued would be low cost to set up and would drive higher participation. You miss the month, you miss the piece.

We are totally off thread topic, but I just don’t see it. Yes, I’d love it, but I probably spend more in a year on GT gear than most our fans do in a decade. I’ve been asked by more than one GT fan “why do I need more than one GT shirt/cap/insert whatever here?”. And I see it all the time when I bring new GT gear in for sale. They pick it up, typically say they love it, and then when I say “well...buy one from me”, I get back something like “ehh...I’ll wait for it to be on sale/close out”. Our fans, as a whole, are CHEAP.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We are totally off thread topic, but I just don’t see it. Yes, I’d love it, but I probably spend more in a year on GT gear than most our fans do in a decade. I’ve been asked by more than one GT fan “why do I need more than one GT shirt/cap/insert whatever here?”. And I see it all the time when I bring new GT gear in for sale. They pick it up, typically say they love it, and then when I say “well...buy one from me”, I get back something like “ehh...I’ll wait for it to be on sale/close out”. Our fans, as a whole, are CHEAP.

I hear you, and as you say I don't have experience selling gear, just buying a lot of it too :)

That reminds me: what ever happened to my hat? LOL

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
And it could be automatically deducted from your checking account! Easy 25 a month if not more.