So When Will Practice Start Again??

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t bothered to look for articles but I’m not sure how much ahead they are. Saw USCe coach Dawn Staley interview this morning and she spoke about testing and quaranteeing players when they arrive on campus, working in small groups, etc. it doesn’t sound like it’s just going to be business as usual and back to practicing football.

I know of no person assuming anything will be business as usual.

Everybody is in the same protocol situation.

But we, for some reason, have decided a roughly extra week of study / prep / practice isn't necessary.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury can't do anything about dorms being closed. Anyone who doesn't live in Atlanta can't come back yet because they don't have a place to live

The dorms have not been closed. People had to have a waiver(or something like that) in order to stay in the dorms, but they haven't been totally shut down.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The dorms have not been closed. People had to have a waiver(or something like that) in order to stay in the dorms, but they haven't been totally shut down.

In the Rivals article, TStan says they are closed, but many SA's are living in apartments in midtown.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure the NCAA limits on practice remain in place. Calm down folks.

And don't forget, WE HAD A FULL WEEK OF SPRING PRACTICE while others, uga, had none.

Maybe that indeed has somethibg to do with it. A "formula" of some sort?

But have not been able to find proof anywhere.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
In the Rivals article, TStan says they are closed, but many SA's are living in apartments in midtown.
The GT website shows that residences were open during Spring quarter for special situations which required an appeal, and that they will be open for Summer quarter but even students who were approved for Spring Quarter had to file another appeal for Summer. In some of the information I read that they have about 40 RAs, so it is probably less than 1,000 people, but there are people living there.

Staying on Campus
I am currently living on campus and need to continue living on campus throughout the summer semester. What do I do?
Updated April 13, 2020: As communicated previously, Tech’s summer semester will remain completely online, with the intention of resuming normal operations for the fall semester. For residents who need to remain on campus after May 1, we’d ask that you submit an appeal to live in Georgia Tech Housing for the summer semester, via the email you received. On-campus services will continue to be limited during the summer semester, and while we will do everything possible to allow residents to remain in their current rooms, there is a possibility that we will ask you to further consolidate rooms so that we may complete necessary summer maintenance and facility repair projects. We know that moving some residents to a third room in less than two months is not ideal, and we will work to avoid this scenario as best as possible.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not if, and I emphsize if, others are not following these same procedures.

Hell, are we just trying to save a weeks rent on dorm rooms? IDK
Don’t you have to be both a student & an athlete to be a student-athlete? You just can’t give recruits free housing and meals. That would be a violation for schools like GT.

Don’t you have to be both a student & an athlete to be a student-athlete? You just can’t give recruits free housing and meals. That would be a violation for schools like GT.
We do that in good times. Freshman athletes come in during the summer, but classes don't start until late August or early September. They are on campus and working out / practicing long before they are actually students.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I figured they were all taking summer classes.

I think almost all the incoming freshman take summer classes.

My youngest is a 2nd year now. She was required to start in the summer semester and said all the freshman football players were taking classes with her.

Maybe a few of the incoming freshmen maybe have high school paperwork, clearinghouse or other problems that keep them from enrolling but just a few.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Nothing we are talking about has a thing to do with "recruits".

This is about current members of the team - Fr / So / Jr / Sr it doesn't matter -coming back to campus to start practice.

Why is GT not allowing our team back the same as our competition?