So what did Joseph do?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Given that we have hired her replacement, I don't think it's a surprise that she is leaving. Nor do I find it shocking that both the Institute and CMJ would like a non-disclosure in place. I don't think either side won. I think they both lost pretty badly and it could've been worse

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Given that we have hired her replacement, I don't think it's a surprise that she is leaving. Nor do I find it shocking that both the Institute and CMJ would like a non-disclosure in place. I don't think either side won. I think they both lost pretty badly and it could've been worse

If I fire anyone, from SVP to mailroom clerk, I have a non-disclosure and a non-disparagement agreement (and maybe non-poaching and non-compete) as a condition of receiving severance. I'm sure Tech is no different. If those are in place, no one will say anything about the situation, which appears to be what's happening.

slugboy

Staff member

Considering that we severed LaBarrie for $100 and a recruiting violation to a strip club, I don’t agree with the double standard described in the article. If they’re comparing Tech’s standard with Joseph to LSU’s with Wade, that’s another story, and a silly one. It doesn’t look like we hold Pastner to a different standard than Joseph.

The bar at GT for women’s basketball right now is to be good and not embarrass the school. Joseph failed on the second point.

Stansbury has finite financial and political capital. You done expend either on firing the women’s basketball coach unless you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
This article was a waste of time to read, and so typical of today's media. Somebody with no specifics summarizes that the coaches were fired because they were women...and the audience that wants to believe that's the problem will hang on every word of it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This article was a waste of time to read, and so typical of today's media. Somebody with no specifics summarizes that the coaches were fired because they were women...and the audience that wants to believe that's the problem will hang on every word of it.
As a society we’ve been systematically programmed to arrive at cause & effect conclusions based on demographic information. The problem is that logic is rarely if ever accurate and now we see widespread acceptance of crap statistics and/or conclusions like this. There’s little if any real analysis going on anywhere.