So what did Joseph do?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Carter was only 17 at the time. I’m waiting for more information before condemning LaBarrie(his claims of false information need to be irrefutable)because the appearance of these allegations don’t look good for him to not get “cause” when it could be following him around in College Basketball, through the NCAA final decision.

This portion of a past article was updated today from the AJC:
In a statement to the AJC, Lisa J. Banks wrote: “The NCAA has investigated and found multiple high-level recruiting violations by the men’s basketball coaching staff, yet it is the women’s basketball head coach, MaChelle Joseph, who remains suspended for reasons that have yet to be disclosed to her or to the Georgia Tech community. The hypocrisy is stunning. Georgia Tech’s actions with respect to Coach Joseph are emblematic of the persistent double standard for men and women across collegiate athletics.”

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This portion of a past article was updated today from the AJC:
In a statement to the AJC, Lisa J. Banks wrote: “The NCAA has investigated and found multiple high-level recruiting violations by the men’s basketball coaching staff, yet it is the women’s basketball head coach, MaChelle Joseph, who remains suspended for reasons that have yet to be disclosed to her or to the Georgia Tech community. The hypocrisy is stunning. Georgia Tech’s actions with respect to Coach Joseph are emblematic of the persistent double standard for men and women across collegiate athletics.”

Is Lisa Banks her attorney?

GT never disclosed LeBarrie’s stuff to the community either. None of us know when they informed him.

Hard to believe MJ has no clue why she is suspended.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Banks is her Attorney. CMJ has turned her Twitter page into a crusade of inequality.
I’m not taking a side, certainly giving credence to women only being paid .70 cents on the dollar. Wish she would have posted her players(Fletcher and Pan, making the All-ACC Academic Team). A wonderful accomplishment considering the criterion.

No idea about when they informed LaBarrie or what they have told our WBB HC?

Deleted member 2897

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope so. I have no idea how it will end - I just saw the damage LeBarrie's extended state of animation did to the guys team and would hate to see that time damage the women's program as much.

Deleted member 2897

GT_EE78

Banned
That article was one of the biggest wastes of ink I have ever seen. The article said that they expect to hear something soon. But they have not heard anything from Tech, including that they would hear something soon. And Tech’s response was no comment. Why on earth did they even write this article?
it's AJC , there's a skill there to write nothing about nothing and still make an advertising buck, solely because it's an interest area. garbage article.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The headline for the story catches readers interest. It isn't going away until she is bought out. Might as well start looking for the next coach. Bridges have been burned now that it's in the courts.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The headline for the story catches readers interest. It isn't going away until she is bought out. Might as well start looking for the next coach. Bridges have been burned now that it's in the courts.

Is it in the courts? I haven't seen that? I thought it was still with GT doing their investigation and gathering whatever they need to make a decision on what to do?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Is it in the courts? I haven't seen that? I thought it was still with GT doing their investigation and gathering whatever they need to make a decision on what to do?
I don't think so...I think the poster was referring to the fact that she has retained an attorney so it certainly appears to be "done" when that happens.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think so...I think the poster was referring to the fact that she has retained an attorney so it certainly appears to be "done" when that happens.

She signs employment contracts, so she presumably had an employment attorney already.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone at that level who gets placed on suspension is going to hire an attorney. She got a more combative one but the fact she has an attorney is nothing special.

Won’t go to the courts until tech does something

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not technically. You are correct but she has an attorney with some sort of inequity charge. Either way it's all about how much she can get out of GT. Probably will not make it to court with some sort of CDA and $. Question is what's her price and does she want whatever she is investigated for by GT to become public.