So what coach interviewed today??

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Small step up in program......step down in weather, big step down in life style environment ;)
I'm betting huge step up in salary, and as with Kelly, maybe multi-year contract for security. Hope he isn't trashed should he leave, particularly after being saluted as a great hire when he came to GT.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yoo Hoo! This is the price of success. Do you know how many Dodd assistants went on to bigger things? Dozens. You have to constantly reload coaches just like players when your winning and being constantly hyped on the big stage. It is what we want.
Not real sure what the leap was from my post to this. But, also not a thing I would disagree with here.

I'm just saying, not everyone who goes and interviews leaves. This happens every year between seasons. Some you lose; some you keep. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This means he would have to work directly for Bob's goofy brother who got fired at Arizona State, Mike. Both will be fired this year if Oklahoma does not win the Big 12.

Go Jackets!

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Seems like it's pretty early in the process and I'm sure the list of candidates is impressive, there's no guarantee he's getting offered the job.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Lateral moves aren't usually made unless someone is unhappy. Even Kelly was stepping up when he moved.
No, Kelly was technically stepping down when he went to Florida State. He was our interim DC and went to FSU to be a linebackers coach. In fairness, it was a lateral move as he went from our DB coach to their LB one (and he knew he would not get the full-time DC gig here), but it definitely was not a "step up" responsibility-wise.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If a coach leaves, it is not necessarily for a better program. It is for a better coaching position and for career advancement. Money, future advancement and personal satisfaction are more important than the program.