Should New OC Faulkner work for uga in the CFP?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This is the part I am confused about. From what I understand, analysts and consultants are not allowed to coach players on the field. By all accounts (and no one seems to be hiding it) he is coaching on the field during games (Stetson has also said he has helped him outside of the games as well) therefore they would be in violation. Can someone please clarify what I am missing?
You aren’t missing anything. Just the NCAA turning a blind eye to protect their Crown Jewels.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the part I am confused about. From what I understand, analysts and consultants are not allowed to coach players on the field. By all accounts (and no one seems to be hiding it) he is coaching on the field during games (Stetson has also said he has helped him outside of the games as well) therefore they would be in violation. Can someone please clarify what I am missing?
NCAA will wait till he come to Tech, then put Tech on probation for him being on the field during UGA practice and games

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

Apparently I am not missing anything on the rules so ....

Michigan and head coach Jim Harbaugh were under the NCAA's microscope in 2021 for the improper use of an analyst as an on-field coach.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Lol. It’s like some of y’all don’t even watch or follow college football.
From this article:

From this article:

From this article:
Wow we're at the level of Incarnate Word, UAB and UMass. Now that's something.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
LOL!

First of all, he supposedly has the ring already. So, his continuing to consult does not change that.

Second, whether you or I have a ring is irrelevant. He is neither coaching nor recruiting against us. He will be against others who got their rings for being an assistant and not a consultant.
What exactly does a football "consultant" do at the University of Georgia?

Does he analyze games on a weekly basis? Does he watch film and identify strengths and weaknesses? Does he attend meetings? Engage in discussions with other staffers? Provide input based on his own analysis so that others can make changes based on those recommendations? Listen? Learn?

I dunno. They obviously paid him a lot of money to do something. What was it exactly? And why did UGA find it so helpful that they were willing to pay for it?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What exactly does a football "consultant" do at the University of Georgia?
At uga they read bedtime stories to the players. Find someone to do their homework and take a test for them. At mealtime they show them which is the fork and which is the spoon. Also, a lot of the uga players ain't potty trained so they have to take them outside to use the bathroom. It's a 24hour job at uga.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have been stewing over this issue in my mind, going back and forth with the pros and cons,changing my mind on a daily, nay even an hourly, basis. I have had an epiphany of sorts and now unequivocally decided that I am against him staying with Uga for the playoffs and demand that he cease and desist immediately. Or, I can promise you this, this guy and I are NOT going to get along. If I need to make myself any clearer, I am giving Faulkner an ultimatum here fellas. If he is wise, he will choose door #1. I am not looking for your approval nor input here fwiw. I am simply stating facts. It has become personal at this point.If this guy is a buddy of yours, you may just want to forward this message to him. Playtime is over Faulkner. Get to work and do your damn job. :buzz:

:)

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been stewing over this issue in my mind, going back and forth with the pros and cons,changing my mind on a daily, nay even an hourly, basis. I have had an epiphany of sorts and now unequivocally decided that I am against him staying with Uga for the playoffs and demand that he cease and desist immediately. Or, I can promise you this, this guy and I are NOT going to get along. If I need to make myself any clearer, I am giving Faulkner an ultimatum here fellas. If he is wise, he will choose door #1. I am not looking for your approval nor input here fwiw. I am simply stating facts. It has become personal at this point.If this guy is a buddy of yours, you may just want to forward this message to him. Playtime is over Faulkner. Get to work and do your damn job. :buzz:

Are you one of the major contributors that GT people listen to. I’ve always wanted one of those for a buddy.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Are you one of the major contributors that GT people listen to. I’ve always wanted one of those for a buddy.
Yes, I am. However, to be fair, my definition of "major" may not be the same as yours or anybody else's on this board. I do not mean to boast but I will let it be known here that I get regular texts and emails from the GTAA and, occasionally, even from the President himself. Oftentimes I even receive stuff in my mailbox from same and you know sending stuff through the USPS ain't cheap. Those people in Atlanta are savvy enough to know what kind of salary/benefits/pension I raked in during my time on staff here.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, I am. However, to be fair, my definition of "major" may not be the same as yours or anybody else's on this board. I do not mean to boast but I will let it be known here that I get regular texts and emails from the GTAA and, occasionally, even from the President himself. Oftentimes I even receive stuff in my mailbox from same and you know sending stuff through the USPS ain't cheap. Those people in Atlanta are savvy enough to know what kind of salary/benefits/pension I raked in during my time on staff here.
So do I.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

20 Oz Bulldog arises from the ashes