Should New OC Faulkner work for uga in the CFP?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate uga with the fire of 1000 suns but for some reason I just really don’t care if he does his analyst job for two more games.
Same. Until last season, I held out hope that Saban could keep the dwags at bay long enough for them to fall back down to earth, but it seems that he was just delaying the inevitable. They’re not going to lose in the Playoffs just because they don’t have Faulkner. We’re not going to noticeably improve our chances of beating them by getting Faulkner a few weeks early. We may actually benefit more from letting him learn a little more from Todd Monken and potentially have some opportunities to influence some of their players to follow him.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Same. Until last season, I held out hope that Saban could keep the dwags at bay long enough for them to fall back down to earth, but it seems that he was just delaying the inevitable. They’re not going to lose in the Playoffs just because they don’t have Faulkner. We’re not going to noticeably improve our chances of beating them by getting Faulkner a few weeks early. We may actually benefit more from letting him learn a little more from Todd Monken and potentially have some opportunities to influence some of their players to follow him.
Exactly, they are like Thanos- inevitable. When you spend 30mil (or whatever) on players to buy a natty with the very best talent money can buy and have an army of coaches recruiters and analysts the championship becomes completely meaningless compared to what the MNC used to represent. I am numb to their success because they have become a professional team, their fans just don’t realize it yet, or they just don’t care because they are currently on top. It’s not just Tech- all of their traditional rivals are in the same boat, sinking and drowning.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, they are like Thanos- inevitable. When you spend 30mil (or whatever) on players to buy a natty with the very best talent money can buy and have an army of coaches recruiters and analysts the championship becomes completely meaningless compared to what the MNC used to represent. I am numb to their success because they have become a professional team, their fans just don’t realize it yet, or they just don’t care because they are currently on top. It’s not just Tech- all of their traditional rivals are in the same boat, sinking and drowning.
Well … it always looks like that. But these things run in cycles. Right now Ugag looks good largely because Bama is having a down year. And, of course, Tech is down as well. But that doesn't mean that they are invincible. We'll just have to see.

And as to Faulkner: Oh, Hell no.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Thanos lost in the end. So will they.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Now we know that he’s not really the OC and Weinke’s calling the shots I guess it doesn’t matter even though I despise anyone that helps those bastards. His move to stay there just means he’s on a shorter leash with respect to how well he performs. He better be a recruiting machine and help get our guys ready to play.

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
Now we know that he’s not really the OC and Weinke’s calling the shots I guess it doesn’t matter even though I despise anyone that helps those bastards. His move to stay there just means he’s on a shorter leash with respect to how well he performs. He better be a recruiting machine and help get our guys ready to play.
Has it been confirmed Weinke's the playcaller?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, we don’t really know exactly what Coach Key’s arrangement with the two co-offensive coordinators is. Perhaps Coach Key will provide more details about it later.