Should New OC Faulkner work for uga in the CFP?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It really should be how his contract is structured and when he officially started his contract. If there were any exceptions , e.g. analyst at a bowl game, etc, then it must be stipulated in his contract. His contract may not officially be in effect yet which really changes the discussion. No way should he be involved with UGA coaching if he is now employed by Tech unless with exceptions. It doesn't matter what school it is either. It makes us look like their lap dog.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
It really should be how his contract is structured and when he officially started his contract. If there were any exceptions , e.g. analyst at a bowl game, etc, then it must be stipulated in his contract. His contract may not officially be in effect yet which really changes the discussion. No way should he be involved with UGA coaching if he is now employed by Tech unless with exceptions. It doesn't matter what school it is either. It makes us look like their lap dog.
The real question in all of this is "Is there a way that GT can get an advantageous outcome from this?" If the answer is yes, then do it.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Faulkner has a relationship with the kids that play for UGA. He’s done his part working hard for the ultimate team accomplishment. Finishing that off is probably pretty important to him and if the rival school allows him to finish that before his new job, that will probably mean a lot to him. You want to talk about building a culture where people want to coach/play for you, Key allowing Faulkner to finish his season is a sign of respect to Faulkner. These are the kinds of decisions that people remember when they are successful and offered “better” jobs at other places. “Well, GT did a lot for me and Coach Key has done a lot for me. I’m staying”.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
Faulkner has a relationship with the kids that play for UGA. He’s done his part working hard for the ultimate team accomplishment. Finishing that off is probably pretty important to him and if the rival school allows him to finish that before his new job, that will probably mean a lot to him. You want to talk about building a culture where people want to coach/play for you, Key allowing Faulkner to finish his season is a sign of respect to Faulkner. These are the kinds of decisions that people remember when they are successful and offered “better” jobs at other places. “Well, GT did a lot for me and Coach Key has done a lot for me. I’m staying”.
Agreed

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I've never heard anyone outside of Tech alumni call Tech that.
FIFY.

I mean, c'mon...these t-shirts have been available at Engineer's, the campus bookstore and other fine retailers since before I was born.

My dad (ME '60) taught me that moniker back in the 60's.

1671270646602.png

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
FIFY.

I mean, c'mon...these t-shirts have been available at Engineer's, the campus bookstore and other fine retailers since before I was born.

My dad (ME '60) taught me that moniker back in the 60's.

View attachment 13799
It was commonly called North Avenue Trade School in the late 60s and early 70s.
I'm aware of North Avenue Trade School, I used to have that shirt myself and my wife still does. I meant specifically "Little Nerd School on North Ave". No one has ever called Tech that.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I'm aware of North Avenue Trade School, I used to have that shirt myself and my wife still does. I meant specifically "Little Nerd School on North Ave". No one has ever called Tech that.
Must be a redneck DWAG troll on the board.