Should New OC Faulkner work for uga in the CFP?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If you hate Georgia with every fiber of your being, then, why in the world would you help them win a natty?
I don't hate them with "every fiber of (my) being", but just in the clean, old-fashioned way.
We might "help them win a natty" because there's something in it for us that will help us beat them down the road, coupled with the thought that they're probably going to win it, anyway.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Everyone seems to be missing the likelihood that this was one of Faulkner's stipulations for coming to GT. National championships look good on a resume - even for analysts...
It doesn't appear to have been a stipulation in the contract, or it would already be a settled issue.
But yes, it would look good not only on Faulkner's resume but also in the living room of potential recruits.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Everyone seems to be missing the likelihood that this was one of Faulkner's stipulations for coming to GT. National championships look good on a resume - even for analysts...
The assumption is that he has signed a contract with Tech but it may just be an agreement to take the job. He is under no obligation if he has not been signed yet. He could have asked to complete the season in his current job.
Sanders is coaching for Jackson State today. He either hasn't officially signed his contract with Colorado or it was in his contract to allow it. Jackson State is NOT a rival or even a competitor of Colorado. Not much conflict there. Our situation is different.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What makes you think it's not "settled"? Looks to me like the only place that it's an issue is this fan board...
The board?

It doesn't appear to have been settled between Tech and Ugag, but who knows?

“We’re going to determine that probably at a later date,” Smart said. “Still in conversation with Buster and Brent..."

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Haven’t read the whole thread, so pardon redundancy - someone close to Faulkner told me he’s recruiting for GT now, but will coach uga games as well. Didn’t get into details of how he’s juggling both.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Let him back into the u[sic]ga inner circle for the month. He's officially employed by us, so he can collect inside info and conduct sabotage while he's in there haha

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Mike Leach once left a fake scheme book on field for other team to discover.
A real AE87 trick.

Lets hope our oc can be crestive and can be smart w in game adjustments.