Should Hall Return?

Should Hall Return?

• No.

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Yes, with a new pitching coach.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Yes, give him another year.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Yes, give him to the end of the contract (2021).

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Yes, as long as he wants.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
A lot of folks on this thread ok with mediocre baseball. Be careful what you wish for, if you run off the "ranters", you're going to be watching total apathy level, much like happened with basketball. Outside of the blind Hall loyalist faction.
I've read the same thread and come away with a different conclusion when generalizing the content:
- Not a single post(er) is "ok with mediocre baseball"
- The ranters are going nowhere... they are increasing in numbers and volume
- Not asking you to name names... but I find zero Hall loyalists either.

Of course, I'm using my own definitions of mediocre... ranter... and loyalist. Perhaps our definitions are different.

The "problem" (if there is one....not sure there is) with the back and forth on this thread is like most 'emotional' discussions... we (I'll include me) fail to really notice the nuances in the different opinions. For example... quite a few folks have posited that CDH's job is safe because of fiscal constraints... and maybe even a loyalty on GTAA's part to allow him to reach some milestones and/or leave on his terms. That does not mean those with that opinion are blindly loyal to him or think the last 6ish seasons is an acceptable standard. Hardly. They simply think those are OK reasons to have him stick around. Or in some cases, they are saying they simply believe that's the deal without even going as far as to state how they personally feel about that.

My observation is just over the last year (through this disappointing season), the number of people supporting/believing CDH can get things right have exponentially (literally) diminished.

My position. A year ago I really felt like he could right the ship. I now feel like that's no longer likely. I really wish I could put my finger on why; but it doesn't matter all that much...the results speak for themselves. If we wake up tomorrow and he's no longer the coach... I will be fine with that. I won't celebrate...but the program will move forward and hopefully succeed. I happen to agree with others (I have no inside connection)... he will be back next year. I'm not screaming from the rooftops I accept that too; and I'll be ready come February optimistically hoping for a great season.

I've read the same thread and come away with a different conclusion when generalizing the content:
- Not a single post(er) is "ok with mediocre baseball"
- The ranters are going nowhere... they are increasing in numbers and volume
- Not asking you to name names... but I find zero Hall loyalists either.

Of course, I'm using my own definitions of mediocre... ranter... and loyalist. Perhaps our definitions are different.

The "problem" (if there is one....not sure there is) with the back and forth on this thread is like most 'emotional' discussions... we (I'll include me) fail to really notice the nuances in the different opinions. For example... quite a few folks have posited that CDH's job is safe because of fiscal constraints... and maybe even a loyalty on GTAA's part to allow him to reach some milestones and/or leave on his terms. That does not mean those with that opinion are blindly loyal to him or think the last 6ish seasons is an acceptable standard. Hardly. They simply think those are OK reasons to have him stick around. Or in some cases, they are saying they simply believe that's the deal without even going as far as to state how they personally feel about that.

My observation is just over the last year (through this disappointing season), the number of people supporting/believing CDH can get things right have exponentially (literally) diminished.

My position. A year ago I really felt like he could right the ship. I now feel like that's no longer likely. I really wish I could put my finger on why; but it doesn't matter all that much...the results speak for themselves. If we wake up tomorrow and he's no longer the coach... I will be fine with that. I won't celebrate...but the program will move forward and hopefully succeed. I happen to agree with others (I have no inside connection)... he will be back next year. I'm not screaming from the rooftops I accept that too; and I'll be ready come February optimistically hoping for a great season.
Well said. As I come Feb will be eager to see what shows up on the field. Hope for the best like I have the last 35 years.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's my "fear" for next season---we will have a very talented team with a good bit of experience returning, but we won't be that successful due to 1) questionable coaching decisions and 2) that talent not being developed as much as it should. My hopes are that the players get good coaching this summer and improve their skills so that our players can have a very successful season next year.