Season tickets

Until this season STH could bring food and drinks in clear STH bag. This privilege goes away this season and we are offered a discount on select concessions stands instead. I'm guessing the discount will only work at the standard concessions not the outside vendor stands. A higher demand for concessions will mean longer lines.
I've never tried to bring in food at BDS, but at the ACCCG game in Charlotte in 2014, I had an unopened pack of crackers in my pocket, and they wouldn't let me bring that in. As stupid as it may be, I think Tech is just catching up. Another problem is that in the past few years, there seems to be no consistency among the gate personnel. What's bad for some gets ignored by others.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yeah, this is slightly annoying that the 20% is more than likely only on hotdogs and hamburgers. My wife really only eats fish as a meat. It was nice when we could bring in a veggie whichwich, or snacks. But this is just a small inconvenience. For Braves games we buy the Braves peanuts at publix for 1.50 and we enjoy them while at the game. We wanted to do that this year at BDS. Oh well haha. If they want to drive sales they do need to work on efficiency. They are god awful in wait time for lines. The 3 times I got up to get a drink, midway through the 1st all the times, it took me at minimum 12 min to get a large Sprite. If they can cut that to 4-6 that would be great lol.

The wait time for concessions in the North Stands is atrocious.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I've never tried to bring in food at BDS, but at the ACCCG game in Charlotte in 2014, I had an unopened pack of crackers in my pocket, and they wouldn't let me bring that in. As stupid as it may be, I think Tech is just catching up. Another problem is that in the past few years, there seems to be no consistency among the gate personnel. What's bad for some gets ignored by others.
The trick is to not take the food out of your pocket. If they ask just say your pockets are empty. Food will not set off the metal detector so you are good to go. I agree consistency at BDS is terrible. I find that walking in with kids gives you a lot more leniency.

The trick is to not take the food out of your pocket. If they ask just say your pockets are empty. Food will not set off the metal detector so you are good to go. I agree consistency at BDS is terrible. I find that walking in with kids gives you a lot more leniency.
Oh, I know all the tricks, and I use them regularly....LOL A filled plastic water bottle kept in a hip pocket conveniently covered by a shirt has not been a problem either....at least in the past. Lucky you (I guess...LOL) for having kids to divert their attention. ;)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I know all the tricks, and I use them regularly....LOL A filled plastic water bottle kept in a hip pocket conveniently covered by a shirt has not been a problem either....at least in the past. Lucky you (I guess...LOL) for having kids to divert their attention. ;)

The pouch flask is nice. Sits right at your waste band. Fill it with jim or jack and grab a coke from the concessions and you have it made!

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
The pouch flask is nice. Sits right at your waste band. Fill it with jim or jack and grab a coke from the concessions and you have it made!
This is my plan this season. When we could bring in "sealed" bottles of coke I would just pour out a bit of coke from each bottle, replace with favorite adult beverage and screw cap on tight. It was never questioned.

Animal02

Banned
Yes, Grand Valley State (D2) would not let us bring in snacks for our then 2 y.o. who is now 10.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The package came today! I was getting worried, especially after I got an e-mail form the ticket office about getting my tickets on-line. This, I knew from nothing.

Then I got two other e-mails telling me to ignore the first one. My apprehension rose. Then the UPS guy came and all was well.

Frankly, I could have done without the stress.
Between waiting insufferably for tickets to arrive in the mail, nail biter games, star players getting hurt or being deemed ineligible it’s nearly a miracle I make it through a GT football season alive. I feel lucky!