Searcy Put On Blast

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
In his defense, he actually graduated with a finance degree.
He actually came with his family during Marcus OV to GT. He certainly didn't degrade our program then. I suspect these kids know each other and and are just talking a little smack.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Come on man. It’s one thing to be skinny and cut it’s another thing looking like Donald Glover. When I saw the pic I thought the same thing before Marshall even tweeted it.

Lol so did I. Same could’ve been said about BJ Bostic but 1 or 2 guys don’t define S&C program

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Lol so did I. Same could’ve been said about BJ Bostic but 1 or 2 guys don’t define S&C program

Had he weighed more, he may have come up short on his leap.

But in all seriousness, the guy played great this year, his blocking was good, I cant complain. It is all about performance and in this case it seems like the extra S&C would not have been worth it

northgajacket

Banned
Why these shots make GT fans feel so good?

Taking my comment way too seriously. Just stating that more than likely he did not receive a huge guarantee considering he was a 7th round pick. Therefore he probably has gone through the money he earned already. Every fan base takes shots, nothing unique here.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Where did this multi million # cone from? 7th round signing bonuses are like $60,000. I'm not sure what his injury settlement was, but NFL minimum salaries are <$500,000 and not guaranteed. You are better off in a lot of ways being a UDFA than a 7th rounder because you can pick where you go but you are still making that minimum salary.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
3* star who was rotational guy until his Senior season and had a great. Sound just like ASA and other Tech players
He led the ACC in forced fumbles in both his sophomore and junior years, and had a combined 9 sacks and 12 TFLs over those two years. He wasn’t a starter but was an impact player before his senior year. And while he was a 3*, he turned down Clemson and Auburn to play here.

Everyone knew he would play in the NFL and be a high draft pick. Not trying to dismiss ASA and other good GT players, but Michael Johnson is a tier above.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
He led the ACC in forced fumbles in both his sophomore and junior years, and had a combined 9 sacks and 12 TFLs over those two years. He wasn’t a starter but was an impact player before his senior year. And while he was a 3*, he turned down Clemson and Auburn to play here.

Everyone knew he would play in the NFL and be a high draft pick. Not trying to dismiss ASA and other good GT players, but Michael Johnson is a tier above.

Yup, Mel Kiper even had him as the number 1 OVERALL pick before his senior year started. Can't compare him to ASA that's for sure.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

The point remains that philosophy is still the same GT is still getting those guys whether, Gotsis, Attaochu, DJ White, now Carpenter (the most severely underrated HS prospect I’ve seen so far)