Searcy Put On Blast

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He was the number 1 ranked RB in HS. Played in Raleigh and older brother of Marcus Marshall. He was injured around sophomore year and never played a lot after that. He also came in with Gurley who turned out to be better. Chubb showed up after Gurley. Marshall did play some against us when we lost to them in OT. The Marshall family probably has no love for GT.
Does anyone care?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
He has a good point, though. My 82 year old mother asked me why the GA guys looked so much more muscular on Saturday lol Not sure what our strength and conditioning program consists of these days. I know we used to have a good one when I was at Tech. I'm in my late 40's and built better than Qua. Everything aside, I appreciate his contributions to the football program.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
This thread should be nuked. What a joke. They should be embarrassed they couldn’t keep him out of the end zone if they really think that. Dude played hard for us and we shouldn’t even acknowledge a low class comment like that. Qua will make way more $$ than him in the long run with that GT degree .
Idk a multi million dollar signing bonus is a lot to catch up to

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
Idk a multi million dollar signing bonus is a lot to catch up to

Not trying to be an arrogant a hole but he made less than a million dollars as a pro football player. That really ain’t that much money in the grand scheme of life. His comment was classless and I’m glad he is out of the league.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Not trying to be an arrogant a hole but he made less than a million dollars as a pro football player. That really ain’t that much money in the grand scheme of life. His comment was classless and I’m glad he is out of the league.
lol I'd love to have 750k in savings at 25. Thrownit in a mutual fund and retire at 40. It's a ton especially at that age. It's a fair comment to make in jest. It's not like he called him illiterate because of the school he went to

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
1) Everyone who lifts weights body doesn’t transform into some Hercules.

2) for every Qua there is a Cottrell, Camp, Mason , & Benson on GT

3) For every Qua there is a Demetris Robertson on UGA
AE206462-6558-42B3-86A4-53B69D04E3B7.jpeg

4) Everyone wants to get rid of S&C, but what philosophy are you going change? If Qua is your example of why our S&C is bad then call/raise with a Brandon Adams who is playing 50+ at 325lb. Not defending it but exactly to do you want?

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd like to hear some folks "in the know" speak on this. This is my impression as well but I won't claim to know much about it.

I remember the one S&C guy we brought in talking about yoga and whatnot to bring dudes' weight down. I mean, that's cute and all but I'm not sure that helps when we're facing Olines that avg. 340lbs each.

And while I do not support the childish attack on our guy, I do think it's weird to see an upperclassman looking that skinny when other high-major freshmen look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
See Kirvonte Benson...

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Qua came into Tech exceptionally thin. To the point where his frame concerned me, but he's been an asset nonetheless. The 3* Lamar County has been a willing blocker, reliable pass catcher, and even a hero in Athens 2016.
2. Kieth Marshall, despite being a 5* #1 overall player, will largely be forgotten or at best, remembered as someone who "just didn't pan out."

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
[QUOTE="tech_wreck47, post: 494480, member: 2346"... I’ll also add that some people have good DNA and just get big fast and easy. ...[/QUOTE]
And some kids don't have that DNA and don't muscle up. I think that's what we have a fair amount of. Look at the DE from just a couple of years ago. I don't think he did too much body building while here.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
1) Everyone who lifts weights body doesn’t transform into some Hercules.

2) for every Qua there is a Cottrell, Camp, Mason , & Benson on GT

3) For every Qua there is a Demetris Robertson on UGAView attachment 4576

4) Everyone wants to get rid of S&C, but what philosophy are you going change? If Qua is your example of why our S&C is bad then call/raise with a Brandon Adams who is playing 50+ at 325lb. Not defending it but exactly to do you want?

Come on man. It’s one thing to be skinny and cut it’s another thing looking like Donald Glover. When I saw the pic I thought the same thing before Marshall even tweeted it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Come on man. It’s one thing to be skinny and cut it’s another thing looking like Donald Glover. When I saw the pic I thought the same thing before Marshall even tweeted it.

:ROFLMAO: Heh, c'mon ATL. Can't be throwing these jabs in this early in the morning. Almost spit coffee all over my desk.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean it's a shot, but for all we know qua is buddies with the Marshall family and that was all in good fun. from what I remember, the Marshall family was very focused on academics too so not sure this is the path we want to be taking with firing blind insults at the kid

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I mean it's a shot, but for all we know qua is buddies with the Marshall family and that was all in good fun. from what I remember, the Marshall family was very focused on academics too so not sure this is the path we want to be taking with firing blind insults at the kid

It was a shot at GT and Qua. Dude needs to mind his own business. Many in this board think that grown men tweeting at recruits is creepy. I think this is worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
It was a shot at GT and Qua. Dude needs to mind his own business. Many in this board think that grown men tweeting at recruits is creepy. I think this is worse.

Do you not joke and take shots at your buddies from time to time? Ive said way worse things to my best friends. It's all in fun. If they aren't friends then yeah, I agree with you. But just to insult someone without understanding the full story doesn't sound right to me.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Do you not joke and take shots at your buddies from time to time? Ive said way worse things to my best friends. It's all in fun. If they aren't friends then yeah, I agree with you. But just to insult someone without understanding the full story doesn't sound right to me.
I’m with you. If they’re friends and most likely are (I see Qua talking to MM on instagram all the time) there’s nothing wrong with this. Had it been someone from anywhere but UGA no one would care! Hell, my friends and I destroy each other on social media all the time. I’m more mad about the guy that said the Uga scout team runs the TO better than we do. That’s being put on blast if you ask me.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

A twenty something guy tweeting at another twenty something guy is not worse than 50 year olds tweeting at 16 year olds.