Scholarship Slots remaining

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Hmm that's concerning..

Not really. Jalen is coming back, Ezzard will be eligible and we are bringing in 3-4 WR next year. Was going to be tough for him to get PT. Probably best for all parties and opens a 2020 scholly.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
He is from Pennsylvania could just be home sick

Had a great story if I remember correctly. He was supposedly one of the better route runners and played early. Sometimes being that far from home when you’re young is tough. He will land somewhere (hopefully not Pitt) and be a good player somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Had a great story if I remember correctly. He was supposedly one of the better route runners and played early. Sometimes being that far from home when you’re young is tough. He will land somewhere (hopefully not Pitt) and be a good player somewhere.

He was originally a Syracuse commit, and I believe they need WRs

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer

maybe he was impressed enough with Temple last week he's going there

bos

Helluva Engineer
Roster breakdown right now. Staff will likely pick up a few more signatures in February, and likely transfers.

Current roster: 70

Incoming Transfers: 2
Incoming Freshmen: 24 (21 signed)

Total: 96
Allowed: 85

Attrition: 11

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
Roster breakdown right now. Staff will likely pick up a few more signatures in February, and likely transfers.

Does redshirts count against his?

Deleted member 2897

We have quite a few guys that have spent much of their time at Georgia Tech battling injuries. What a grind with the Georgia Tech class rigor to also have 50 hour commitments each week to a sport at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few take a medical disqualification. I couldn't have made it through Georgia Tech if I had played a sport. I can't imagine going through all that and battling injuries so much that I never really got a good shot to contribute.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Per coach the conversations are happening right now...
Where did you hear this?

And I’m all for it. If you’re BTL and don’t fit the new system...sorry. We are transitioning and unfortunately if you were recruited under the previous regime....tough titties

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You get 85 scholarships for active players. Medical disqualifications don’t count, but they can still be tracked. I read an article several years ago that schools like Alabama and Clemson had 110-120+ total scholarships outstanding. I don’t remember the exact numbers because it has been a long time, and I can’t find that article. But the numbers were pretty astonishing for several schools.

Its not "astonishing" when you consider who is doing it. Then, the astonishing part is that the number is so low.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
When you are 3 and 9, everyone is expendable!

Go Jackets!
No, but outside of maybe true freshmen at the DB and RB positions if you couldnt get above the line on a 3-9 team then you probably better find a way to get better quick because the guys behind you are coming fast.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of you will hate to see this post and if it violates policy, please take it down. There will definitely be some attrition next off-season. 11 seniors on the roster, but 3 will come back. 5 open spots now, and with 8 seniors leaving that mean only 13 available.

21 commitments for the class of 2020 and at least 2/3 more expected. This does not include incoming transfers. It's almost a guarantees at least 10 guys will move on from the program.

Here's my attempt at top 10 guys most likely to transfer:

10: Christian Malloy - Surpassed by J. Griffin and D. Smith. 5th RB on the roster now at a position with no seniors and will battle Gibbs, Ellison, Amerson, next year.

9: King/Wells- No place for two kickers.

8: Charlie Clark- 6 incoming OL next year. In 3 years, has no PT.

7: Jerry Howard Jr.- Oldest RB on roster. Can take redshirt year. PT decreased from FR year.

6: Peje' Harris- Buried in the depth chart. All WRs coming back next year, including Ezzard. 2 of his closest friends Mcheehan and Jackson transferred.

5: Jair Hawkins-Anderson - Can be a grad transfer somewhere. No true position and little PT so far.

4: Luke Johns- Will have to battle too many long hybrid DE/LB.

3: Jaytlin Askew- Crowded DB position is set to even be more saturated with talent next year.

2: Stephen Dolphus- Not ATL and nowhere to be seen.

1: Lucas Johnson- If he can't win starting job, has no reason to stay. Could get immediate waiver if he transfers close to home in California.

Probably on the money.
Emerson and Amerson are probably gone as as well. That’s 13.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably a dumb question, but could a guy give up his scholly and become a Preferred walk on instead? Also, could a benefactor pay a guys schooling if he would give up his scholly?