Say a prayer for Snoddy

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Can you imagine how strong his legs are? He broke both the tibia and the fibula cleanly by kicking himself. He tripped, with one foot going behind his other calf. As soon as his foot touched his other leg, you could see it hinge mid-calf.

The only good thing about this break was that he was moving forward, so there was no twisting action when breaking (no spiral break). It was essentially 3-point loading, which makes the cleanest type of break. Better for quicker healing.

When I saw the replay(thankfully only once) I thought the same thing.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Was just rewatching the game and got a glance of what happened to Snoddy... Probably the grossest injury I have ever seen in a football game.. I don't know how his bone stayed in his leg. Hopefully, the surgery went well and he can come back 100%.

Animal02

Banned
Was just rewatching the game and got a glance of what happened to Snoddy... Probably the grossest injury I have ever seen in a football game.. I don't know how his bone stayed in his leg. Hopefully, the surgery went well and he can come back 100%.

I seem to recall a Tech lineman that had a complicated fracture a few years ago.....like the first series of the game? It did not look like that happened to Snoddy.
There was another recently where a player's foot was 90 degrees from where it should have been.

Worst I saw personally was a teammate who's knee cap ended up on the side of his leg after getting hit in practice...........

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I seem to recall a Tech lineman that had a complicated fracture a few years ago.....like the first series of the game? It did not look like that happened to Snoddy.
There was another recently where a player's foot was 90 degrees from where it should have been.

Worst I saw personally was a teammate who's knee cap ended up on the side of his leg after getting hit in practice...........
Terrible injuries. I had a teammate that really messed up his ankle sliding into a catcher shin guard at home plate. That was really gruesome. Never want to see any of that happen to anyone.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

You may be thinking about Joe Vellano of Maryland. That was a horrible injury as well.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw a worse-looking football injury in the NFL - Dolphin center Dwight Stephenson. It was so severe, there was some consideration given to amputating the leg.

Glad for Snoddy his injury is something he can come back from. Hope he still has the speed. I was amazed by how the whole team circled around his gurney before he was wheeled off the field. Kinda makes you proud. Well, even prouder.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That may be the first time I have seen somebody leg whip themselves into a tib-fib fracture. He got hit up high just as he was bringing his rear leg forward. Tells you how fast and furious he moves those feet of his. That break out run of his a few plays before was the fastest I have ever seen a player move on Grant Field before. There were two players deep who both had opposite angles on him and a 10 yard advantage, otherwise he was long gone. Clemson has fast players on defense. When you see the separation he was getting from those guys as he transitioned through the second level.........just amazing. Hope he is doing well.