Say a prayer for Snoddy

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Been waiting for so long to see Snoddy became a force on the field and just as he's starting to hit his stride, figuratively, this happens. Let's hope for a full recovery and get him back out there next season. By all accounts he's a good young man and the kind of kid we can be proud is a part of the program.

Let's take it out on Georgia.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
On the bright side, a break like that is still easier to come back from than a torn ligament...silver linings and all that

Yes. People tend to forget that. Breaks hurt and can be very serious, but this wasn't a compound fracture and looked like a clean break. He'll be back to normal in a reasonable time.

For all that, remember, Broderick, I'm pulling for you.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Seeing the team take a knee, then swarm around Snoddy, followed by the student section starting a "SNOD-DY SNOD-DY SNOD-DY" chant and Snoddy saluting... that was emotional. Hoping for the best for him.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Prayers for you Snoddy. You could tell in the stands that it must have been apparent to the sideline how bad it was because the medical team was out there almost as soon as the play was over, and they had the cart out almost immediately. There were parents of a Clemson player sitting in front of me, and when the whole team came out to him right before he was wheeled off, the father turned to me and simply said "That right there is impressive."

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
His ankle was 45 degrees the wrong direction. Looked like a clean break though so the recovery should be quick.
Watson I don't know I couldn't see what happened from the stands.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
His ankle was 45 degrees the wrong direction. Looked like a clean break though so the recovery should be quick.
Watson I don't know I couldn't see what happened from the stands.
The announcers said Watson hurt it when his left foot got caught on the back of his right leg during his stride, but I think he strained/tore something in his plant with that left leg just a step earlier. Anyway, the game sure changed when he went down. Hope speedy recovery for both him and Snoddy.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Couldn't tell how bad Brod got hurt from the stands but I knew it was bad when the cart came out. Hope for a speedy recovery fur Brod and Watson.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hoping and praying for the best for both Snoddy and Watson. (Granted I still want Watson to lose to GT again, again and again.)

megatron

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw it right away from section 222 in the upper east and immediately became nauseous. Hate seeing that for anyone, but for someone who has been inspirational in his breakout year made it extra tough.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
FWIW looked like a clean break and away from the knee or ankle. Hoping for a quick recovery so he can get back out there and tear it up his senior year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Prayers to snoddy, and Watson, for speedy and full recoveries. Wasn't at the game yet to see snoddy's injury thankfully. Hate this for him. Great student athlete and young man.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Prayers for Speed Kills Snoddy. Also for Deshawn.

Football is a high risk, high reward game. Snoddy has been running with abandon this year and a joy to watch. Yes he had a great run in this game - that burst of speed about 10 yards from the line of scrimmage was breathtaking. But my favorite play was still the KO return in the VT game where we saw truly elite speed (probably mixed with fear).

But I come not to bury him; he should be back for Spring ball. That part of his leg should be getting plates and be stronger than before. I just hope the elite speed comes back. Regardless, I hope he graduates because he makes us all proud.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Can you imagine how strong his legs are? He broke both the tibia and the fibula cleanly by kicking himself. He tripped, with one foot going behind his other calf. As soon as his foot touched his other leg, you could see it hinge mid-calf.

The only good thing about this break was that he was moving forward, so there was no twisting action when breaking (no spiral break). It was essentially 3-point loading, which makes the cleanest type of break. Better for quicker healing.