Russell Contract?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Once again, this has nothing to do with our uniform contract. Russell does not tell Walmart what to carry. Nike does not tell Walmart what to carry. UA does not tell Walmart what to carry. Walmart works out deals with suppliers to carry only what Walmart thinks will sell. I saw a lady who works at Walmart with two very nice GT tailgating chairs. I asked her where she got them. She told me that many years ago her store got GT, UGA, Auburn, and Alabama chairs of the same design. They sold for $30. All except GT sold out in a few days. In November, the store dropped the price of the GT chairs to $3 to liquidate them. That is when she bought hers. I have heard many similar stories about GT gear. That is the reason that there is not GT gear available from Russel, Nike, or UA. Stores are not going to stock them if nobody will buy them.

Re-read what I said. Didn't say anything about Russell dictating what Walmart carries.

BTW, WalMart DOES carry GT items...just not any RA GT items. Atleast not in the Walmarts I've been in.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it Nike or UA unis this year (well 2016 season) that looks weird on certain players? It's very fitted, which is the trend these days, and the difference is esp prevalent when you look at old film from 20 years ago... but the one thing that's just bad is that there's these humps right at the chest area and it really looks like the players have man boobs going on... I guess it's not the jersey and more the padding underneath or the combination of both?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Is it Nike or UA unis this year (well 2016 season) that looks weird on certain players? It's very fitted, which is the trend these days, and the difference is esp prevalent when you look at old film from 20 years ago... but the one thing that's just bad is that there's these humps right at the chest area and it really looks like the players have man boobs going on... I guess it's not the jersey and more the padding underneath or the combination of both?
It's the straps on the shoulder pads.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
A potential problem with creativity, with any provider, is our curmudgeony fan base. Many old guard fans are too conservative to embrace a "non traditional" look. Many younger fans are tired of old school looks and want something different and "fresh" to keep up with the Joneses. Good luck pleasing this bunch.

Just remember the AA comments and approves designs. The uniform provider doesnt have dictation or free reign on what is worn. So if anyone has problems with an approved design start with the AA.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I think bigger than the "design" issue, is that Russell is just seen by recruits as uncool, and lets be honest, the quality of the product is two steps behind Nike. FWIW, I think Nike may be a half step over UA in quality, with UA another half step over Adidas, with RU then a full step behind Adidas.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I think bigger than the "design" issue, is that Russell is just seen by recruits as uncool, and lets be honest, the quality of the product is two steps behind Nike. FWIW, I think Nike may be a half step over UA in quality, with UA another half step over Adidas, with RU then a full step behind Adidas.

I was all against Adidas until this last year. Their design team has really stepped it up. As for cool factor with apparel and performance shoes, Adidas has outdone both brands and their Boost technology is 2nd to none. I really like what they did with Miami uniforms going back to the late 80s, early 90s uniform. For my own selfish reasons, I would love me a pair GT colored Ultra Boost

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I was all against Adidas until this last year. Their design team has really stepped it up. As for cool factor with apparel and performance shoes, Adidas has outdone both brands and their Boost technology is 2nd to none. I really like what they did with Miami uniforms going back to the late 80s, early 90s uniform. For my own selfish reasons, I would love me a pair GT colored Ultra Boost
Yes yes yes and yes. They have honestly done really well with their design concepts. Miamis unis are really nice and Nebraska is still traditional as well. Plus I agree with your reply on boost. Best shoes on the market plus we could swim in the AAU Adidas circuit for basketball plus get Yeezys!!!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I have yet to try adidas boost. Haven't worn adidas since I played basketball in college in 2000. Is the technology really that good with the boost?

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I have yet to try adidas boost. Haven't worn adidas since I played basketball in college in 2000. Is the technology really that good with the boost?
Yes! Get a pair to run/workout in or just for everyday wear. I've got a pair for that as well as a pair of the golf shoes. Grade A product

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Adidas is starting to take over because of Yeezys and Ultra Boost. I'd say let's hop on with them and get a head start. Anyone but UA. Nike or Adidas would be fine.