Russell Contract?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Where are you hearing this? I do not believe there has been any "official" contact and any "official" contact during a certain period of a contract is actually illegal. Think of it as the dead period of recruiting.

I have never seen a law that prevented discussions among organizations and companies while they had a contract in place with another company. There might be financial penalties for leaving a contract early. I suppose a contract could contain financial penalties for having discussions with other parties. However, violating the contract would not be criminally illegal. It would just be a civil matter.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Link for contract? Where it's done doesn't answer contract question.

Yeah i know. I was responding to the guys nameplate point not the contract

Didnt u lose a bet to me? I think one of the things for the bet was you cant post on this board once I request it as the winner right?

Please take a leave of absence until after the spring game lol ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah i know. I was responding to the guys nameplate point not the contract

Didnt u lose a bet to me? I think one of the things for the bet was you cant post on this board once I request it as the winner right?

Please take a leave of absence until after the spring game lol ;)

No, I have to take your side in a discussion if you request it, once a week.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Eh who cares. What did we finish in efficiency d do you know. I know total d we ended up at the roof norm of 60 or so

Before Bowl Games, we were #40 in points/drive vs pwr 5 (more than 2 pwr5 opponents).

I thought our O would control the clock this year, and that our D would be good enough to get top 40 in yds/game. I did not see our offense being the fast score or stall, feast or famine, that it ended up being. If I had chosen top 40 in ppdvpwr5, I would've won the bet.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems like the kids prefer UA. If money is competitive, then I hope we do what might help us attract recruits. Funny that apparel brand could matter, but seems like many think it does. I am confident Russell is not considered cool by anyone

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Will this mean we as fans will get a better selection of tee shirts, etc?
Current selections are almost all gray.
I ended up with a black and gray tax slayer long sleeve tee shirt. I put it in the nice work shirt drawer.
Won't mean diddly when it comes to tee shirts, polos, coats, hats, etc.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like the kids prefer UA. If money is competitive, then I hope we do what might help us attract recruits. Funny that apparel brand could matter, but seems like many think it does. I am confident Russell is not considered cool by anyone

I have UA stocks so c'mon UA!! And weren't we UA's first official sale right when they were still selling those sweat wicking shirts out of the trunk of a car right?

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
I am embarrased by our branding and our lack of apparel options. Go to any store that sells the new era hats and every school has plenty of awesome options. The Tech options, if any, look like rinky dink crap. We need better. I can't find a simple hat I like. I sure do miss tailgaters alley

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am embarrased by our branding and our lack of apparel options. Go to any store that sells the new era hats and every school has plenty of awesome options. The Tech options, if any, look like rinky dink crap. We need better. I can't find a simple hat I like. I sure do miss tailgaters alley
Not a Russell issue per se.

It is due to a limited fan base, I.e. fewer possible purchasers.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There are, I believe, several powerhouse big boys that do not put nameplates on the back of jersies.

Told the theory is to honor tradition / build "oneness" on team / keep clean look.

Maybe it would make people buy more programs? ($)

Even if, somehow, R gave us more money, I wonder if the deal is somewhat close if UA would not get it? Frankly Nike scares the crap out of me.

I think the unis this year were pretty good - more traditional stripes which looks classy.

Don't care if we use Dodd unis, Gold/Blue/White, or White/Gold/White (probably all 3) as long as they look traditional & classy. JMO.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
While I care about the look of uniforms, give me a swoosh on the bubble wrap disaster and I'll take it. Logo and its perception is top priority. I'd be fine with UA since it's up there in popularity these days. I know a lot of folks aren't into the basketball side as much... apparel affiliation is even bigger in recruiting.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
A lot of recruits like UA for bball
For sure. I just meant compatively, Nike has about 15x the net income of UA as a company, so UA is definitely an underdog in that sense. But I seem to also remember Carter transferring a few years ago to Maryland because of their UA connection. Perception is huge. For the record, I'd be very happy with UA and I'd almost prefer them over Nike. I think they'd work harder for us since we'd be one of their handful of P5 schools (12th if added today).

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What about Jordan brand? Michigan has one with him.

Michigan was definitely wearing Jumpman apparel during the bowl. I thought it looked really funny on football uniforms, but maybe that is just me. Just give me the Nike swoosh over Jumpman.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Michigan was definitely wearing Jumpman apparel during the bowl. I thought it looked really funny on football uniforms, but maybe that is just me. Just give me the Nike swoosh over Jumpman.
I live in Michigan and the friends of mine that are UM fans waited in lines for hours to get into the MDen and any other place that sold Michigan gear the day they released the Jordan apparel. The fans, players and recruits ate that **** up and I have to admit I hate UM as much as Uga but they've got some really nice looking fan gear.