Russell Contract?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
No new jerseys this past year and no names on bowl jerseys suggests we're out early.
We had New Jersey's this year. The only game that didn't was BC and most likely the reason was the time involved to ship everything overseas.

The bowl jerseys were provided before the 2014 season and have been sitting at Tech since then. More on Tech for the nameplates than Russell I assume the Tech equipment staff elected not to see on all the name plates.

It's possible the last year is either forgone or bought out but there aren't many suggestions either way to prognosticate that.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We had New Jersey's this year. The only game that didn't was BC and most likely the reason was the time involved to ship everything overseas.

The bowl jerseys were provided before the 2014 season and have been sitting at Tech since then. More on Tech for the nameplates than Russell I assume the Tech equipment staff elected not to see on all the name plates.

It's possible the last year is either forgone or bought out but there aren't many suggestions either way to prognosticate that.

yes, for the longest time the numbers and nameplates were done by a tiny sports store in dallas, GA...or hiram, ga for tech. Not sure if still today the case using that same place (i don't see why they wouldn't), or what store they use now, but my point is that stitching is done here locally....so its on tech...not on russell...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
yes, for the longest time the numbers and nameplates were done by a tiny sports store in dallas, GA...or hiram, ga for tech. Not sure if still today the case using that same place (i don't see why they wouldn't), or what store they use now, but my point is that stitching is done here locally....so its on tech...not on russell...
Link for contract? Where it's done doesn't answer contract question.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I would assume we'd hear about a new deal around Fall of next year. We're signed through 2018 currently. I think Cal got an Under Armour contract of $86 million and Wisconsin got $96 million (both over 10 years). Have to think we're somewhere around there. For reference, our current contract is $23 million over 10 years (ranked 47th of 65 P5 schools). A new contract coupled with finishing the Hewitt and Gregory contracts should allow us to catch up in the "arms race."

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
2017 will be last season in Russell unless they agree to end early which there have been discussions. UA is the leader but Nike is also in play. I believe Stansbury's roommate from GT is an exec at UA so I think that could seal the deal. Hearing around $100 mill for 10 years. UA will pay more because of UGA being Nike and Boston College being the only UA school in the ACC, not counting ND.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
2017 will be last season in Russell unless they agree to end early which there have been discussions. UA is the leader but Nike is also in play. I believe Stansbury's roommate from GT is an exec at UA so I think that could seal the deal. Hearing around $100 mill for 10 years. UA will pay more because of UGA being Nike and Boston College being the only UA school in the ACC, not counting ND.

Wow those are good terms and would be huge for our AA

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Will this mean we as fans will get a better selection of tee shirts, etc?
Current selections are almost all gray.
I ended up with a black and gray tax slayer long sleeve tee shirt. I put it in the nice work shirt drawer.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The largest part of the deal you guys are completely ignoring and it has nothing to do with uniforms.

both UA and Nike provide advertising consulting/agreements with all their schools now. The influx of a UA team redesigning the AA's outreach from the bottom up is the real thing GT will benefit from FAR more than what the uniforms look like.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The largest part of the deal you guys are completely ignoring and it has nothing to do with uniforms.

both UA and Nike provide advertising consulting/agreements with all their schools now. The influx of a UA team redesigning the AA's outreach from the bottom up is the real thing GT will benefit from FAR more than what the uniforms look like.

as long as i dont see maryland styled uniforms i dont care who does what

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck

Where are you hearing this? I do not believe there has been any "official" contact and any "official" contact during a certain period of a contract is actually illegal. Think of it as the dead period of recruiting.

UGA's deal is 10 years @ $40mil. I cannot believe that UA would offer 10 years @ $100 mil, although it'd be nice.