Rotating QBs good or bad ?

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Well, if Lucas is out for tomorrow and if Graham is still at least somewhat incapacitated by his foot injury, then we may finally see one QB in there for sustained drives.....and a probable win.

But you would think if we still have two quarterbacks hobbled by injury that would force Yates to be on the depth chart - even if he doesn't play. He's not there, though...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Lets not celebrate a player injury, either way. Not saying anyone is, but I am sure it is tempting And lets be fair to Lucas. If he had any game experience the past 3 years, it might look different.

I hope TO succeeds, but Temple will force him to throw. He could have run all over Citadel, but is going to have to do more this week.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Lets not celebrate a player injury, either way. Not saying anyone is, but I am sure it is tempting And lets be fair to Lucas. If he had any game experience the past 3 years, it might look different.

I hope TO succeeds, but Temple will force him to throw. He could have run all over Citadel, but is going to have to do more this week.
I agree with what you say. I think for this transition year, TO is our best option and believe his passing game will prove to be more than adequate if given the opportunity to settle into Pnude's offense. I wish Luke was available as a backup.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wondered about that. I assume Graham is ok for action, but I doubt he will be full speed.
A note from cgc to a highly sought 5 star 6'5 qb recruit and 5 star 6 '5 wr recruit follows:
....And in closing I hope you are aware that in our first year at ga tech , we had 3 quality ATL qbs that had not run our offense in college . We gave each of them playing time to prove themselves. This was to the dismay of many loyal fans who wanted us to just pick one. As u now know 2 of these are still at gt and have lead ga tech to recent a bowl victory and sevearl upsets victories .
Recruit name here, we are recruiting you because with your early enrollment we believe you will be ATL qb by the start of season. While its up to you to prove yourself against these fine athletes , here at Ga Tech football we have a HARD EARNED TRACK RECORD OF PLAYING PLAYERS THAT ARE ABOVE THE LINE. And as Always - Go Jackets".

At gt for the next 4 years it's all about attarcting better players and coaching them up. The ATL is at its core. Its top 25 program or bust. Got to have some super stars at qb and wr if we are ever going to be able to say those sweet words THWG and mean it.

IMO we will eventaully get to the point ($$$$) where we are dismissing NON VERY GOOD assistant coaches. Even though we are a beginning ($$) and need to be realistic P man better start showing out.
Cgc will be implementing ATL across the staff as we supply him w $$$$.

So I agree that if LJ had played more he might have been better. But for Today we shall see if Tobias can get us the W. I think we do and we roll with him the rest of the way. Curious question for you all. There is a clamoring to play Yates but wasn't he a CPJ sign which would mean dual threat leaning toward running. I never saw him play and he sounded great but just curious.

A note from cgc to a highly sought 5 star 6'5 qb recruit and 5 star 6 '5 wr recruit follows:
....And in closing I hope you are aware that in our first year at ga tech , we had 3 quality ATL qbs that had not run our offense in college . We gave each of them playing time to prove themselves. This was to the dismay of many loyal fans who wanted us to just pick one. As u now know 2 of these are still at gt and have lead ga tech to recent a bowl victory and sevearl upsets victories .
Recruit name here, we are recruiting you because with your early enrollment we believe you will be ATL qb by the start of season. While its up to you to prove yourself against these fine athletes , here at Ga Tech football we have a HARD EARNED TRACK RECORD OF PLAYING PLAYERS THAT ARE ABOVE THE LINE. And as Always - Go Jackets".

At gt for the next 4 years it's all about attarcting better players and coaching them up. The ATL is at its core. Its top 25 program or bust. Got to have some super stars at qb and wr if we are ever going to be able to say those sweet words THWG and mean it.

IMO we will eventaully get to the point ($$$$) where we are dismissing NON VERY GOOD assistant coaches. Even though we are a beginning ($$) and need to be realistic P man better start showing out.
I am assuming that that "note from CGC" was your creation. If not, then which of our QBs has led us to a bowl victory, and who are the 2 who are still at GT, and who has left since The Citadel game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Agree entirely. CGC can't change his ATL philosophy just because we don't have the players to execute. Playing those who weren't as good is practice is as weak of hand as what he is doing THIS year. Playing the longer game of recruiting talented players, ATL should pay off. CGC is looking to maximize a players talent and chances to get to the NFL.

I'll reserve judgement on all the coaches till we have more run time and fewer injuries.

Note that I thought we should have gotten rid of Howell (pitching coach) years ago since our pitchers didn't perform to potential. There was the excuse that we had a lot of injuries over the years; but given the long number of years with injuries, those injuries seemed to also be a product of how long and hard the few good pitchers were being ridden.

For football, I hope we are practicing in such a way as to minimize injuries while maximizing learning and conditinoning. I don't know how to do that and don't know we aren't. Just not enough run time yet. At least two full years for me; that third season is where I'll be a lot more judgemental (not that it matters to anyone but me).

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So I agree that if LJ had played more he might have been better. But for Today we shall see if Tobias can get us the W. I think we do and we roll with him the rest of the way. Curious question for you all. There is a clamoring to play Yates but wasn't he a CPJ sign which would mean dual threat leaning toward running. I never saw him play and he sounded great but just curious.

I don’t think the fact that Yates was a CPJ recruit means he leans toward running though many in his tenure were run-first guys. But we will have to see once he gets some playing time, whenever that is (and I’m in no rush to get him out there behind the current OL until I see they gel together more).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk