WR - Dolphus, Jackson, Graham
WR - Sanders, Carter, Oliver
TE - J. Camp & Peje Harris
RT - Jack Defoor/ Austin Smith
RG - Coner Hansen/ Charlie Clark
C - Kenny Cooper /Bo Tufele
LG - Parker Braun/Mike Maye
LT - Zach Quinney/Harrison Jump

My money would be on Carter being our best receiver. I saw more out of him than any of our other guys this year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Georgia Tech 4-3 (we could stay 3-4)
DE- J. Dingle/Dawson/Owens
DL- B. Adams/Martin
DL- B. Glanton/Chimedza/Griffin
DE- J. Domineck/C. Thomas/L. Johns
OLB- Q. Jackson/Cooksey
MLB- B.Swilling/Curry
OLB- J.Henderson/C. Thomas
DB- J. King/Kerr
DB-T. Swilling/Showell
SS- T. Carpentor/K. Oliver
FS- J. Thomas/Cole

KR- J. Thomas/Cotrell
PR-J. Thomas/ Cotrell

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
DE-Dingle/Dawson/Owens
DL-Adams/Martin
DL-Glanton/Chimedza/Griffin
DE-Domineck/C. Thomas/L. Johns
OLB- Jackson/Cooksey
MLB- B.Swilling/Curry
OLB-Henderson/C. Thomas
DB- J. King/Kerr
DB-T. Swilling/Showell
SS- Carpentor/K. Oliver
FS- Thomas/Cole

KR- Thomas/Cotrell
PR-Thomas/ Cotrell
Really looking forward to that safety tandem next year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Georgia Tech New Offense heading into Spring

QB- Lucas Johnson, TJ Yates, Ryan Lantz
RB- Howard/Mason/Amerson/Smith/Whately
FB- Malloy
3rdRB- Cotrell, Gnatt, Jarrett
WR - Dolphus, Jackson, Graham
WR - Sanders, Carter, Oliver
TE - J. Camp & Peje Harris
RT - Jack Defoor/ Austin Smith
RG - Coner Hansen/ Charlie Clark
C - Kenny Cooper /Bo Tufele
LG - Parker Braun/Mike Maye
LT - Zach Quinney/Harrison Jump
Benson?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
So...

Assuming we hire Collins, we're obviously moving away from the TO and will likely be moving to more of a spread option. Here are our scholarship numbers by position as of now:

QB's: 5 (2 incoming freshmen)
RB: 12 (2 incoming freshmen)
WR: 8 (2 incoming freshmen)
TE: 0 (for obvious reasons)
OL: 17 (2 incoming freshmen)

Here's my question... who would you move where? I know this is premature, and we don't really know what the plans are for the offense. We'll need tight ends (perhaps Camp, Harris, Jump, Cooksey might be options?)... we'll need to move some of those AB's to slot receiver roles I would guess?

We can't have 12 scholarship RB's for an offense that runs only 1 or 2 RB's.

So... what would you do if it were your decision to remake the offense with what we have now?

Most of our WRs are smallish TEs who can block, but not run routes very well. I think you will see a few A Backs converted to RB and others converted to H Back or WR. The question will be the QBs and how many will be converted to another position.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Most of our WRs are smallish TEs who can block, but not run routes very well. I think you will see a few A Backs converted to RB and others converted to H Back or WR. The question will be the QBs and how many will be converted to another position.
H Back !!! Now you're talking Wisenhunt's specialty in the NFL.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
DE- J. Dingle/Dawson/Owens
DL- B. Adams/Martin
DL- B. Glanton/Chimedza/Griffin
DE- J. Domineck/C. Thomas/L. Johns
OLB- Q. Jackson/Cooksey
MLB- B.Swilling/Curry
OLB- J.Henderson/C. Thomas
DB- J. King/Kerr
DB-T. Swilling/Showell
SS- T. Carpentor/K. Oliver
FS- J. Thomas/Cole

KR- J. Thomas/Cotrell
PR-J. Thomas/ Cotrell
Thanks for the first cut.
As J Thomas adds mulan in legs will he move up to o l b or strong safety GC says he likes players lay the wood and thatsxj t.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Collins might keep a flex package in the offense. Imagine having to prep for Tobias to come in and run zone option as well as a spread system.

If we are serious about contending for championships we have got to realize it is way past time to be playing these types of “games” with our team. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it..

Need to truly coach the OL how to block, get our own O system that will help us become attractive to a wider group of recruits.

Develop players with coaching and get them bigger and stronger with S&C.

No more gimmicks.

Time for us to go first class and stop screwing around.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If we are serious about contending for championships we have got to realize it is way past time to be playing these types of games.

Need to truly coach the OL how to block, get our own O system that will help us become attractive to a wider group of recruits.

Develop players with coaching and get them bigger and stronger with S&C.

No more gimmicks.

Time for us to go first class and stop screwing around.
Was it a gimmick in 1999? Every formation has positives and negatives. Nothing wrong with having a flex package if we think it helps us win. George O'Leary seemed to think it was an okay to run from at times.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Biggest winners of the change on offense imo:

The Morgan Twins. Didn’t possess the quick to be good in the option.

Defoors

Austin Smith- would love to have him on defense but may be a right tackle

Biggest loser

Tobias Oliver: what is he in the new offense

Cottrell: can he play the slot or can he run inside the tackle and make people at the 2nd level miss with his speed. Would love if he could become our McCaffery
Tobias would make a helluva runningback.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Was it a gimmick in 1999? Every formation has positives and negatives. Nothing wrong with having a flex package if we think it helps us win. George O'Leary seemed to think it was an okay to run from at times.

I for one hope we keep the midline and speed option. Especially on the goal line.

On another note: Dang, I forgot how fun Friedgen's offense was. He ran opition out of multiple sets. There's actually a 30 play later in those highlights off another formation. That was a fun blast from the past.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tobias would make a helluva runningback.
Good point .
He is not a blazer at top end to run away or super quick on the cut to make them miss.
He just cuts and accelerates, gets hit and drags them . You look and say dzzz, he made 9 yes when it looked like he would maybe get 4. Its 2nd and 2, advantage offense.
Also In the pass centric r p o the rb is a receiver so he could be very good. Looks like he would need add some leg strength

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Nope, he's from Texas, will probably head to the Big12 in hopes to be another transfer QB out there that gets into the NFL because they play no defense.

Collins coached under Saban and did very well Saban from alll accounts. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Saban doesn’t give Jalen Hurts some idea to look at GT.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I for one hope we keep the midline and speed option. Especially on the goal line.

On another note: Dang, I forgot how fun Friedgen's offense was. He ran opition out of multiple sets. There's actually a 30 play later in those highlights off another formation. That was a fun blast from the past.
This is what I don't understand. People glorify the GOL offense while bashing the option. I would love going back to that 1999 offense, but it still has a lot of option, so would the option haters bash it? I feel like the option has been a staple of successful GT offenses. We don't need to run JUST the flexbone, but I don't see why we should completely abandon something that has proven to work in multiple eras of football including our current one.