Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

75southjacket

Banned
Not upset. I just think it's interesting that you have about 500 posts in the last 24 hours but I don't recognize you. With all your wisdom about the option offense I would think yiu would have been a regular contributor here over the last 10 years.
Rather I have been posting for years or 24 hours , what does that have to do with anything. I personally think Johnson is on his way out. Why does that upset you ?

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Rather I have been posting for years or 24 hours , what does that have to do with anything. I personally think Johnson is on his way out. Why does that upset you ?

If Johnson is on the way out all the more reason to find a good young DC that we can turn the reins over to once he's ready to go.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
You have to throw the ball to win consistently. A lot of posters on this board are guys in their late 60s and early 70s. They are stuck somewhere in time with modern age football. I will take any tech fan all day long but , this is a lot of tech stadium issues with the fan base. I don't know exactly the percentage but when I attended games , I notice a lot more older men (60-70s) than I do young generation (18-30). What is some of you all opinions on this ?
This isn't any more true now than the first however many times you said it. We absolutely need to complete more of the pass plays we call. We don't need to call more pass plays. Big difference.

75southjacket

Banned
Looks a lot like ours just with a more accurate thrower. Screen Screen 15 yard out screen screen long bomb.
No way you really believe our passing game looks like Aub! Please stop posting back to me. Clearly there is problems with your vision. Have a nice Sunday.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oh I gotcha. The OB was for teams that didn't make the dance in 2014 though is what I think he was trying to say.

I think what that guy was actually trying to say is...we shouldn't sight our great successes as that might obscure our failures. That was one garbage post I actually did choose to ignore.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Who said Roof is gone ? I can not find that anywhere.

Seeing as this a thread speculated on Roof being gone. I am saying you do not fire Ted Roof if Johnson is on his way out. Not at Tech where we are already behind the 8 ball with funds.

75southjacket

Banned
Dude did you read anything I wrote? I specifically said you do not have to be balanced just efficient. Last year we were efficient this year we werent.
We have never been efficient throwing the ball at Tech. I think after year ten , we still look awful in every aspect of passing the ball. There is some major player development problems. Can you agree there is issues with the passing attack ?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We have never been efficient throwing the ball at Tech. I think after year ten , we still look awful in every aspect of passing the ball. There is some major player development problems. Can you agree there is issues with the passing attack ?

I disagree. I agree that we have had some very disappinting pass protection. But you don' go 11-3 in 2014 and 9-4 last year without having a threat to throw the ball. I agree we need to be able to throw the ball but it doesn't have to be like most think.

slugboy

Staff member
We are not Auburn and we don't pass efficiently. We haven't done this in Johnson tenure. Not sure what your arguments are here? Player development sucks in the passing game.

He proved his point with with the Auburn example (and others did with a bunch of other examples).
Then you moved the goalposts by talking about passing efficiency. Most years, we are very efficient, and we still are in yards per attempt this year.
Many of the most exciting offenses are run heavy, and some of the best and most exciting are triple option or flexbone. Even in a bad year, we’re number 24 in offensive efficiency.
We should be better. And I’d argue we should tweak to pass more. And you can out of the flexbone with an under center snap.
But the overall dump the flexbone talk makes no sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If CPJ won't give up his ole buddy Sewak, he needs to go. We can't continue to go on finishing seasons with 5 serviceable scholarship linemen on the field. Offensively, we were moving folks early on. We just fizzled at the end. Guys that get banged up from a season of the style of blocking we do need depth behind him. The mickey mouse recruiting tactics we use of offering local kids late, letting Duke and Virginia Tech sweep Atlanta area prospects away from us, demonstrate our OL recruiting is a flat FAILURE, and it has become obvious Sewak and CPJ are too stubborn to address the issue. We've got some good OL, just not enough of them. And injuries and attrition will happen!

So is Sewak a bad coach that needs to be fired because he can't coach? Or a bad recruiter that needs to be fired because he can't out recruit Duke and VT. Please cite specifics proving your assertion. Also, are you the OL coaching expert @TechTravis referred to earlier?:cigar:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He didn't want to hire Groghb or Womack? If that is true then the admin should fire Paul today. They obviously don't trust him to make good hires. Either way not good for Paul Johnson.

They didn't give CPJ the mullah to hire who he wanted. So I guess Bud should fire himself. I'm in favor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.