Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
He negotiated for a raise for his assistants instead of a raise for himself. That is the same thing. Future money out of his pocket for his assistants.
Dabo took money from his contract. Yes that is big difference. Paul just allocated school money, not his money.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I will make a wager with you that Johnson will not win the coastal again. We can get a lunch meal at the varsity. Now, some of you may think I am a " troll" for saying this but , with the product I see being produced , we don't stand a chance in hell. I confidently believe Johnson has peaked , and the AD knows it. I confidently believe Stansbury is not a option fan himself. His time is ticking. He's going on 60 years old. How much time does he really have ? I can't see Ga Tech investing all this money and time into him.

Well we were probably two plays away from winning the coastal this year, so I’m not so sure it’s as impossible as you think.

If the Miami guy drops the miracle ball and Jeune catches the final pass in Charlottesville we are 7-4 and coastal champs playing Clemson next week.

So yeah, the season was frustrating as hell, but mostly because of how we collapsed down the stretch.

Now as to your second question, yeah he’s getting up there in age for a coach and probably won’t be here much past the end of his current contract. But what are we going to do, fire him and pay a 3 million buyout? The support staff people are indicating we are about to invest in will be required no matter who the coach is...

75southjacket

Banned
Lol. Tell me more about the "direction of the program" since you've been following it for all of five minutes...
Does it upset you when someone doesn't like Johnson and his offense? Does it upset you that I have a few very good reason why I think he has done enough for tech and it's time for a change ? Are you happy with the passing attack and the recruiting ? Are you happy with the undersized D that continues to look like a d3 school every year? Our player development is in the bottom half of the ACC. That's facts !

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Does it upset you when someone doesn't like Johnson and his offense? Does it upset you that I have a few very good reason why I think he has done enough for tech and it's time for a change ? Are you happy with the passing attack and the recruiting ? Are you happy with the undersized D that continues to look like a d3 school every year? Our player development is in the bottom half of the ACC. That's facts !

Nope. Just wondering where you've been for the last 10 years.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
You have to throw the ball to win consistently. A lot of posters on this board are guys in their late 60s and early 70s. They are stuck somewhere in time with modern age football. I will take any tech fan all day long but , this is a lot of tech stadium issues with the fan base. I don't know exactly the percentage but when I attended games , I notice a lot more older men (60-70s) than I do young generation (18-30). What is some of you all opinions on this ?

Auburn runs the ball 70 percent of the time. Which is 10 percent less than us. You do not have to be 50/50 to win games. You do have to be efficient. Yesterday we threw the ball. Dropped passes and completely missed WRs.

75southjacket

Banned
Well we were probably two plays away from winning the coastal this year, so I’m not so sure it’s as impossible as you think.

If the Miami guy drops the miracle ball and Jeune catches the final pass in Charlottesville we are 7-4 and coastal champs playing Clemson next week.

So yeah, the season was frustrating as hell, but mostly because of how we collapsed down the stretch.

Now as to your second question, yeah he’s getting up there in age for a coach and probably won’t be here much past the end of his current contract. But what are we going to do, fire him and pay a 3 million buyout? The support staff people are indicating we are about to invest in will be required no matter who the coach is...
You guys act like everything is going to change overnight once these people are hired. I don't see it happening. I personally think Stansbury is not going to invest all these resources on a guy that is 60 years of age. At best Johnson will coach two more seasons and he's gone.

75southjacket

Banned
Auburn runs the ball 70 percent of the time. Which is 10 percent less than us. You do not have to be 50/50 to win games. You do have to be efficient. Yesterday we threw the ball. Dropped passes and completely missed WRs.
We are not Auburn and we don't pass efficiently. We haven't done this in Johnson tenure. Not sure what your arguments are here? Player development sucks in the passing game.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Even with that Dabo is 2nd on head coaching salaries making around three times what CPJ is. CPJ is 40th. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/
That list reveals quite a bit about the support the football team (and other athletic teams) get. Looking at the teams that pay more will leave you scratching your head, and when you take into consideration where the overall salaries for assistant coaches fall, you can see why many people (including this sidewalk fan) think athletics is an afterthought (and not a leading afterthought) to the school.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You have to throw the ball to win consistently. A lot of posters on this board are guys in their late 60s and early 70s. They are stuck somewhere in time with modern age football. I will take any tech fan all day long but , this is a lot of tech stadium issues with the fan base. I don't know exactly the percentage but when I attended games , I notice a lot more older men (60-70s) than I do young generation (18-30). What is some of you all opinions on this ?
Some of the top teams in the country are run first teams and are in the bottom half in passing. Actually Bama made the national championship game last year and they weren't very good in the passing game. Now we might be thinking of two different things. To me being "balanced" would look like 60 percent of either run or pass and 40 percent the other. Now if you mean be more efficient I would agree 100 percent. We need to be around 50 percent completion on our passing imo. I don't think we HAVE to pass more though, when we can pass with a 50 percent completion rating then the run opens up because the D has to respect the pass.

You said you have to be balanced. I just proved you wrong. That's my point
Does that make you feel big because you think, and think is the big word here, you proved someone wrong. BTW you didn't. Yes there is more than one way to skin a cat. Our way sucks.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That list reveals quite a bit about the support the football team (and other athletic teams) get. Looking at the teams that pay more will leave you scratching your head, and when you take into consideration where the overall salaries for assistant coaches fall, you can see why many people (including this sidewalk fan) think athletics is an afterthought (and not a leading afterthought) to the school.

At Alabama, the school and students pay slightly more than the school and students at GT. At Clemson, the school and students pay about $4million less than GT's school and students. GT fans don't buy enough tickets or donate enough money to keep up with those guys. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Does that make you feel big because you think, and think is the big word here, you proved someone wrong. BTW you didn't. Yes there is more than one way to skin a cat. Our way sucks.

No he asked me my point. So I made it. It does make me feel good. I love being right

Status
Not open for further replies.