Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I can only give anecdotal evidence, but I have family from SC and I would wager they have always had a bigger fanbase. The entire state is half USC, half Clemson and you see Clemson stuff everywhere. On the other hand I can go days without seeing a single piece of GT gear when I'm back in Georgia sometimes. The old CEO of Equifax was (is?) a massive booster for them as well.
Well, no matter how you slice it, we CAN and MUST do better, IMHO. I would be interested in knowing who you think we should be compared to. Or are we totally unique in CFB ?

Last edited:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
While we certainly need more support folks, the bigger problem is Johnson's Navy buddies who are drawing assistant coaching salaries. We have 6 commits rated 5.6 or above on Rivals. Andy McCollum recruited 5 of them and Pelton one. Recruiters can recruit. What do Sewak, Preston, et al do?

By complaining about support, it appears that Johnson is deflecting attention away from his failures and his stubborness---which is something he does.

Exactly. And where is roof? Roof is collecting a top assistants paycheck and delivers defenses that are head scratching and somehow gets credit with being a great recruiter when all the evidence suggests he is no better than anyone on staff.

Our best recruiters in total have been andy owens and pelton.

The rest are at best avg.

I have said it for a while. Sewak gotta go. While preston is ok we need youth movement.

Speed roof need to go. Let the new guy interview andy and pelton

But that stubbornness seems to be hanging on to asst including roof. So i stopped donating.

I also stopped donating because the new ad has done nothing in a year. So far. He is no better than bobosquatch other than being more available in the office

Nothing. No new postings. No new staff. No shake ups. Flat out status quo

A 90 year old homer rice would be better right now

Exactly. And where is roof? Roof is collecting a top assistants paycheck and delivers defenses that are head scratching and somehow gets credit with being a great recruiter when all the evidence suggests he is no better than anyone on staff.

Our best recruiters in total have been andy owens and pelton.

The rest are at best avg.

I have said it for a while. Sewak gotta go. While preston is ok we need youth movement.

Speed roof need to go. Let the new guy interview andy and pelton

But that stubbornness seems to be hanging on to asst including roof. So i stopped donating.

I also stopped donating because the new ad has done nothing in a year. So far. He is no better than bobosquatch other than being more available in the office

Nothing. No new postings. No new staff. No shake ups. Flat out status quo

A 90 year old homer rice would be better right now
A TRUE Tech fan should continue his or her contributions no matter who the AD is, no matter who the coach is, no matter what the win-loss record is, no matter what possible changes have or not been made. PERIOD !!!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I see where @33jacket is coming from. It has been a year of talk with no changes. It is time to see some results, especially with an expansion of the recruiting staff. We are just getting further behind if we don’t start making some adds. I think we all want to see our staff get the resources it needs, and it is time for Tstan to show some progress getting it done.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I see where @33jacket is coming from. It has been a year of talk with no changes. It is time to see some results, especially with an expansion of the recruiting staff. We are just getting further behind if we don’t start making some adds. I think we all want to see our staff get the resources it needs, and it is time for Tstan to show some progress getting it done.
Or at least a written update to donors/fans about what has been done, or is in the works. Toss us a bone ...

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
He has signed us up with an apparel company under FBI investigation, signed a deal to play AT Temple, and given Ted Roof a raise and an extension so far. We've also had three basketball players suspended and a coach suspended for recruiting violations. There's hype surrounding him, but if I'm being completely realistic the AD as a whole hasn't had a great year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Year 1-analyze
Year 2-plan
Year 3-execute the plan

Year 4 - get new staff and a new plan.

Kind of like getting three envelopes from your predecessor when starting a job:
1) Blame the situation
2) Reorganize
3) Prepare three envelopes

I see nothing that makes me think TStan isn't doing a good job. He has a legitimate reason to blame what he was left with. But that is a whole 'nother post on the futility of the GT Athletic Association and ambivalence of the GT Alumni Association towards sports.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Since so many of you are not even willing to give him a chance, why don't we just go ahead and start a Fire Todd Stansbury thread now. From your posts, that seems to be about what y'all want. And if it's not, then IMO you should just STFU

Are you so enamoured with the guy that if someone says something negative it's the equivalent of not giving him a chance?

Everything he does and has done is perfect and he's a perfect human being and if you don't agree then you must want him fired and you don't want to give him a chance. Ridiculous.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Are you so enamoured with the guy that if someone says something negative it's the equivalent of not giving him a chance?

Everything he does and has done is perfect and he's a perfect human being and if you don't agree then you must want him fired and you don't want to give him a chance. Ridiculous.
I would like to think he has done more than we know about at this time , and I am almost certain that is the case.

I am not enamored with anyone. I just think that some on here apparently think they know everything that goes on at Tech (and who knows where else), but, in fact, don't have a clue what is going on and are just whining and posting pure CRAP because they THINK nothing is happening and apparently THINK they are ENTITLED to know EVERYTHING that goes on at Tech. It's one thing to complain about Roof or Sewak or even Johnson, all of whom have been at Tech for several years, although many of those complaints often show a lack of real knowledge too. It WAS justifiable to complain about MBob when, after THREE years, it was obvious that there was really nothing to show for his being at Tech. TStan has been at Tech for ONE year, and although all that some on here see is talk, I think the majority of us see talk with a purpose and a vision and realize that, even though we may not like it, change doesn't occur overnight. Unless the incessant whiners have FACTS to back up their naive claims, then, as I said before, they are doing nothing more than whining like children who don't get their way, and it would be better for all if they just STFU.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
You're right 33. TStan has been here 12 months and hasn't even built us a new stadium. He also watched idly by and didn't bring in Chip Kelly to help on O. You were totally justified in stopping your contributions. I mean it's not like you're being unreasonable or anything either, you're really on top of this.
I think 33 may be onto something. Right after he got here, I sent him an email telling him what needed to be done to improve GT football attendance. My ideas included converting more urinals into bathroom stalls in the men's room at BDS, setting aside "safe spaces" on the field where a running back can get away from opposing linebackers without fear of being tackled, selling double mocha skinny gluten-free dairy-free frappes from carts in the concession areas, converting the grass to a gold and white and blue turf (ala Boise State), providing free tickets to the Bloods and Crips (one on the west side and one on the east side), and fire everyone on the football staff that has ever played or watched a game of football (obviously they are impacted b y the old way of playing and aren't aware of current trends).

So far, he has not followed up on any of my suggestions. I sent him a follow up email 12 minutes ago, and not only has he not established a timeline for implementing these much needed improvements, he hasn't even responded to me yet!!! He obviously is not only just sitting at his desk doing nothing but playing Words With Friends and Candy Crush, but he also doesn't care about what the fan base wants or thinks.

Oh, wait, isn't this thread supposed to be about Roof?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well, no matter how you slice it, we CAN and MUST do better, IMHO. I would be interested in knowing who you think we should be compared to. Or are we totally unique in CFB ?

Legit question. Top 5 engineering schools, per USNews, are MIT, Stanford, Cal-Berkeley, CalTech, & GT. Stanford and Cal are liberal arts universities with top notch engineering programs. MIT and CalTech are more similarly structured in term of academic purpose and course offerings. Of course, they don't play FBS football, so hard to compare to them. We are similar to the Academies in terms of class selection in FBS, but we can recruit well beyond what they can accept in terms of student athletes. Stanford and Cal, and Michigan, to be fair, are similar in engineering academic rankings, but all three offer a wider variety of classes for athletes to take.

Now, I know that a lot of our football players don't major in engineering, but are rather taking the "easier" BA degree track, in a top 40 program. Not many schools are "hiding" their athletes in top 40 academic programs.

So, in a sense, GT is unique in the college football landscape. The real question is how do we make that a strength instead of a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.