Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'd be curious to see what Roof could do with more talent to work with. Who for GT would start for UGA on defense? AJ Gray, maybe???

Who was the last real play-maker GT had in the front 7?

I don't think GT had a defensive player on All ACC team in either '15 or '16. Not even 2nd team or honorable mention in 2016.

Hard for me to fully judge Roof given talent on that side of the ball the last few years.
Go turn on the Auburn film of when CTR was there.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We don't NEED a passing GAME per se; we just need a QB who can pass when he has to. Taquon can't do that consistently.

We need a passing game to reliably have a QB who can pass when he has to. Timing, chemistry, and experience don't just magically appear and they don't just appear because of practice work. That's not to mention the consistent problems we've had with pass blocking year in and year out.

Gray Fox

GT Athlete
His last year was fairly bad at Auburn but the other 2 were top 20 efforts I'm almost certain. His defense at Penn St was also pretty good.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Since we're talking about defense, I figured I may ask this question I was thinking about earlier today. Who is our best defender? Personally I can't say anyone stood out this year as a great player. AJ is supposed to be our best but besides the UNC game I didn't hear his name too often, unfortunately.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Hard for me to fully judge Roof given talent on that side of the ball the last few years.

And yet, many on this board (admittedly, not you) say Roof is a great recruiter. If he is, he must have talent to work with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gray Fox

GT Athlete
Can't expect Roof to personally sign all of our defensive players. I'm sure someone has a record of his recruiting efforts the last few years. I think he's done better than most of the other assistants?

Seems like whatever playmakers we've had the last few years have mostly resided on the offensive side of the ball. Mills, Benson, Thomas, Lynch, etc. Still trying to recollect a front 7 playmaker. Gotsis is the last one I can recall.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Disagree 100% with getting rid of Coach Preston. Our WR's are the best blocking unit on our offense and we got a solid group of players there. Something is clearly off with Brad this year but his blocking has been good. WR's that block this well are vital for our offense.

You know what WR's main job is to get open and catch passes? I thought that was their primary responsibility.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And just how many "NFL caliber offensive linemen" have we had, and yet overall the running game has worked, sometimes exceptionally well.
Not many outside of 2014 with Shaq. And our running game has worked well, but not well enough to have zero balance in years not named 2014.

I'd be curious to see what Roof could do with more talent to work with. Who for GT would start for UGA on defense? AJ Gray, maybe???

Who was the last real play-maker GT had in the front 7?

I don't think GT had a defensive player on All ACC team in either '15 or '16. Not even 2nd team or honorable mention in 2016.

He had "more talent" at Auburn, and yet the Auburn fans hated him.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
We don't NEED a passing GAME per se; we just need a QB who can pass when he has to. Taquon can't do that consistently.
How do you establish this without having a semblance of a passing game?

Look Malzahn realized you have to adapt and the results looking real good right now. Maybe just maybe, CPJ could do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.