Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Just food for thought

2017 Ga Tech endowment was reported at 1.8 billion that’s with a “B”.

The endowment is bigger than The University of Florida, Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska, Missouri, TCU and The University of Alabama, yes I said Alabama.

The endowment ranks 56th in the WORLD
And from BOR regulations could only be used to fund 10% of athletics. The endowment could only be used any if student fees or institutional support we cut. In addition, I don't know what the wording of the endowment documentation is. It is possible that even if the BOR changed the regulations, which won't happen, that the endowment has specific purposes that cannot be changed.

People keep trying to push responsibility of funding athletics off to: students, the school, the endowment, the state, alumni who don't care about athletics, etc. If people on this board and fans in general want the GTAA and football specifically to have more money, then people on this board and fans in general should put up the money. If you want things to be done, stop expecting others to do it and work together to do it ourselves.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've told you before. I believe he gets a year at a time. He made progress. Real progress this year. IMO he bought another year. If he makes more progress next year, then he gets another year. If he gets us into top 40 territory consistently, I'd let him retire here. I think he's building a program worth having, but it takes time when you work with as few resources as we give our coaches.
Can I ask you an honest question? What about Roofs system makes you think it can work here? To make comments that you think he can succeed here (which I haven't really seen happen at his prior stops) you must have an opinion on what he's doing and why it will work.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can I ask you an honest question? What about Roofs system makes you think it can work here? To make comments that you think he can succeed here (which I haven't really seen happen at his prior stops) you must have an opinion on what he's doing and why it will work.

Do you think Roof is the only DC running this type scheme?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
According to NCAA.com, 50 teams are averaging over 30 ppg this year. So I don't think scoring 30 necessarily means the offense is blameless.

At this point it’s getting funny. Tell me how many ACC teams avg. over 30 pts per game ? I’ll help you - 4. We played 3 of them, so yet again we should have been 7-4.

Duke was a rousing 100th in points per game with 22.5, but then again Virginia did rank an astounding 95th, with a whooping 23 pts per game. Guess that explains the 43 and 40 they scored on us, just under twice their season averages.

At this point it’s getting funny. Tell me how many ACC teams avg. over 30 pts per game ? I’ll help you - 4. We played 3 of them, so yet again we should have been 7-4.

Duke was a rousing 100th in points per game with 22.5, but then again Virginia did rank an astounding 95th, with a whooping 23 pts per game. Guess that explains the 43 and 40 they scored on us, just under twice their season averages.
Funny how Dukes defense had trouble with Army's offense the week prior to playing Tech, but yet Tech with superior talent than Army and the coach that is the expert and God Father to the triple option got shut out in the second half by that same hapless Duke defense that could not handle Army. Comparisons suck when they don't help your argument or help counter your logic.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Head of GTAA, MBob? I think you would like TStan much more.

No , the as
Head of GTAA, MBob? I think you would like TStan much more.

No it was the a a head Joe Erin. He and the pres were snoozing at the football parties .
Wonder what the bump in giving to the a a was during that period. ?

I have sent an email to t Stan about getting more buzz at the games, but have not received an acknowledgement of reeciept

UVA is a little skewed. Special teams, TO's, safety. Those small factors had just a little to do with the outcome that defense had nothing to do with.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Funny how Dukes defense had trouble with Army's offense the week prior to playing Tech, but yet Tech with superior talent than Army and the coach that is the expert and God Father to the triple option got shut out in the second half by that same hapless Duke defense that could not handle Army. Comparisons suck when they don't help your argument or help counter your logic.

Duke had a bye before Army. Then played Army and learned from their mistakes. Had 3 weeks to prep for us. We had one to prep for them. Kinda funny how often this scenario plays out for Puke, uncheat, and duh u. Just not funny haha.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The same system is utilized successfully elsewhere. That's what...."lol"
And I said at GT "lol" I wasn't aware GT was elsewhere . I'll assume you can't answer what we do scheme wise, so you give an answer to work around the question. BTW just because a school runs a 4-2-5 (which I'm fine with) doesn't mean they are running it the same way. So I'd assume by your comment that you can name another school that runs our scheme JUST like us?

No , the as

No it was the a a head Joe Erin. He and the pres were snoozing at the football parties .
Wonder what the bump in giving to the a a was during that period. ?

I have sent an email to t Stan about getting more buzz at the games, but have not received an acknowledgement of reeciept
I don't know anything about you, other than what little you have in your profile, but unless you are a contributing alum (long time preferable) and season ticket holder, your email won't get past his secretary, or whoever screens them. Don't get me wrong; I'm not putting you down. It's just that that's the way things are in that office. I have emailed him once concerning an issue that concerned me, and I got a response the next morning, and action later that same day. A friend who is an alum but not a season ticket holder sent a similar email and never got an acknowledgment or response.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
And I said at GT "lol" I wasn't aware GT was elsewhere . I'll assume you can't answer what we do scheme wise, so you give an answer to work around the question. BTW just because a school runs a 4-2-5 (which I'm fine with) doesn't mean they are running it the same way. So I'd assume by your comment that you can name another school that runs our scheme JUST like us?

Now you have changed your assertion to "Roof can't execute this system." That's a different assertion than you made initially.

My assertion from your original question is that this "system" is utilized elsewhere and successfully.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Avg. opponent TDs per game, (no statistical difference from last year) = defense not better

2016 - 3.1
2017 - 3.1, 56th in the NCAA, 9th in the ACC

Giveaway fumble % ( offense lost more balls in 2016 = less pressure on defense as result of TO,s this year)

2016 - 62.5 %
2017 - 50% ( 64 other Teams were worse )

Offensive point share (% of total pts scored scored by the offense) defense was better in 2016.

2016 - 93.7 %
2017 - 94.9 %

The more stats I look up the worse the defense was in 17.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Now you have changed your assertion to "Roof can't execute this system." That's a different assertion than you made initially.

My assertion from your original question is that this "system" is utilized elsewhere and successfully.
What are you even talking about? What was my original assertion and how has it changed?

I asked what about his system works at GT? Like I said in my last comment, just because other schools run a 4-2-5 doesn't mean they are running it the same way. So I'll ask again what school runs our system JUST like us? You still haven't answered my original comment either of what about his system will work at GT.

Normally when people avoid a question with another question or start making statements outside of the original question, it's because they don't know how to answer the question.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I’m well aware that the offense struggled at times but I simply do not believe that when any offense struggling or not, puts up 36 points the result should be a loss I don’t care of they turned the ball over or didn’t get a first down on 2 series, they scored 36 points folks ! It is impossible to blame an offense for a loss when they score over 30.

And against UVA the offense didn't score over 30. The defense had a pick 6 and a fumble on the UVA 14. The fact that we only scored 36 despite that is a sign the offense was the problem. Defense forced 9 punts, got a pick 6, and set the offense up for another easy score.

But hey, ignore how the game was actually played and just keep yelling "we scored 36! offense no wrong."

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

Please folks cmon.

Duke gave up 21 to Army and 20 to us.

The difference in the games was Duke scored 16 pts on Army and 43 on us

See 43 is 22 more than 21, that’s how much MORE Ted Roofs scheme gave up ok ?

Some of you guys keep insisting that CPJs offense is the problem, if you want him gone please, at least argue that it’s b/c he can’t manage a defense.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
And against UVA the offense didn't score over 30. The defense had a pick 6 and a fumble on the UVA 14. The fact that we only scored 36 despite that is a sign the offense was the problem. Defense forced 9 punts, got a pick 6, and set the offense up for another easy score.

But hey, ignore how the game was actually played and just keep yelling "we scored 36! offense no wrong."
The offense did score 29 so that should be enough to win a game. IMO the UVA game was on the D, there were others games I blamed the the whole team, and others on special teams.

Please folks cmon.

Duke gave up 21 to Army and 20 to us.

The difference in the games was Duke scored 16 pts on Army and 43 on us

See 43 is 22 more than 21, that’s how much MORE Ted Roofs scheme gave up ok ?

Some of you guys keep insisting that CPJs offense is the problem, if you want him gone please, at least argue that it’s b/c he can’t manage a defense.
He can't manage a P5 program. Year 10 and the defense is still a mystery, special teams is still a mystery, and the offense is not as potent as it was. So there you have it. 2 out of the 3 phases in football we are well below avg and the one unit he completely controls cant figure out the forward pass. Again this is year 10 not 2, 4, 6, 8. TEN. A decade, one tenth of a century. He is going to change in year 11? Ok

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I've heard the opposite from people who experienced the recruiting process personally, that Roof was one of the best recruiters they met

The proof of that is not people’s opinions, but results. And the fact that we haven’t had a good pass rush since he’s been here is not an indication of recruiting prowess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.