Richt's gone

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry but look at his record. Then compare it to every single active coach in the country. There are probably 5, at most, who are inarguably better than Richt in terms of results. I count Saban, Miles, Meyer. Dude loses the best running back in college football and still wins 9.

Right fired was the best thing that could happen to us this season.

I would argue that point. Look at every other school in the nation. I have never in my life seen a coach do so little with so much. Any coach in the nation could have the talent level they have and win 10 games a year. His roster is full of 4 and 5 star players. There are no academic requirements for his athletes. There are no social or moral standards. Carry a gun on the way to buy drugs and your suspended for the first game of the season. Any coach that succeeds him will win 9-12 games as long as the recruiting process doesn't change much. The perks of playing football wont change when CMR leaves there so I don't see the recruiting being affected much.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
What's the difference between Tech and ugag? At Tech, we reward a coach with a 9-3 season with a lengthy contract...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
There's some worries here in Spartan country that Dantonio might be a name on UGA's list. I can't see it happening but I think for the dawgs he'd be a good hire. But honestly the MSU fans are going to be crossing there fingers and sweating it out the next few weeks hoping Dantonio doesn't bounce.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There's 3 options and only 2 of them are good:
a. They hire the second coming of Goof or Done-in. We beat them every year and they know it's coming.
b. The hire Rev's twin brother and they beat us 8 out of 10, only 1-2 of those games they're not sweating until the last second ticks off the clock. They still crap themselves in every big game.
f. They hire a talented coach that's able to take them to the top every year.
I'm not ready to die yet so I'm praying they're foolish enough to hire poorly and end up at best "B" and ideally "A". The entire southeastern United States will be uninhabitable to the common man if they end up with scenario "F"

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Richt to UVA. That is what I am calling. Will stick with it until proven wrong.
Miami is jumping up and down right now. If he goes anywhere it will be there and he will win. It's his school. They desperately need a coach like him to bring back legitimacy to the program.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
There's 3 options and only 2 of them are good:
a. They hire the second coming of Goof or Done-in. We beat them every year and they know it's coming.
b. The hire Rev's twin brother and they beat us 8 out of 10, only 1-2 of those games they're not sweating until the last second ticks off the clock. They still crap themselves in every big game.
f. They hire a talented coach that's able to take them to the top every year.
I'm not ready to die yet so I'm praying they're foolish enough to hire poorly and end up at best "B" and ideally "A". The entire southeastern United States will be uninhabitable to the common man if they end up with scenario "F"

UGA is a premier job. They will get someone who is good on paper. One thing Richt has gotten is the importance of beating Tech. He has sold out a couple of years to win this game. Donnan never got that. I have moments where I still wonder if CPJ understands this. IMHO the last coach who got this on the Tech side was CGOL

I am personally terrified they get a great coach like Chip Kelly. I think Kirby Smart will lead to some Donnan like years.

Last edited:

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
UGA is a premier job. They will get someone who is good on paper. One thing Richt has gotten is the importance of beating Tech. He has sold out a couple of years to win this game. Donnan never got that. I have moments where I still wonder if CPJ understands this. IMHO the last coach who got this on the Tech side was CGOL

I am personally terrified they get a great coach like Chip Kelly. I think Kirby Smart will lead to some Donnan like years.
I don't think uGA is a premier coaching position for a HC, but is a good spot. Supposedly USCw has reached out to Chip Kelly, there's no way he chooses uGA over them.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Miami is jumping up and down right now. If he goes anywhere it will be there and he will win. It's his school. They desperately need a coach like him to bring back legitimacy to the program.
There's a different kind of legitimacy down there- some kind of warped street cred BS where you have to peddle hoes, guns & weed plus keep a stash of hush & bail money at the ready. Would be interesting to see Rev soiling himself to win down there. It's impossible to run a clean program AND win in Miami. It would be like bringing peace to the middle east.