Redshirt Changes

GT_EE78

Banned

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd agree with this if it were in Bryants best interests at all. For example, if KB stays, and TL starts to take the lions share of the snaps, which he should if he's going to be the starter. then KB would need to be available as the back up. What if TL got hurt in game 10 or 11? Should KB have to forgo his full senior season to rescue a program that bailed on him? How did the program bail on him? I can see both sides of this argument, and I just can't see any reason for KB to stay. Why remain loyal to a program that hasn't rewarded your loyalty? I assume you aren't one of the people calling for the demotion of TM from QB1 at GT, then, right? Because program loyalty is what wins starting jobs?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Dabo made the right call. They probably could’ve won out with Bryant at QB but he is not good enough to win in the playoffs. You have to play the best player and that’s Lawrence by a long shot. Bryant is good but I don’t see NFL potential in him but if he wants a shot and a chance to make some NFL money, he needs to go somewhere where he can have a big season and make a name for himself. Somewhere like FAU with Kiffin wouldn’t be a bad option. There’s no reason to sit around on the team telling Dabo he can’t play because he wants to go somewhere else next year. It would look a hell of a lot worse if Lawrence got hurt one game and Cole Stoudt II comes in instead of KB.

Also, I have no issue with Ty Griffin either. He gave our offense a shot and didn’t like it. He made a dumb decision to go to a school just because they wanted to lure his brother but I can’t have any hard feelings toward him.

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
I know Lawrence has potential, but I think they would have lost to A&M with him in at QB. He has looked good against Furman, Ga Southern, and us.....not exactly worldbeater defenses. I predict that there will be some point in the season that Dabo is going to need to put someone in for Lawrence (for whatever reason) and Chase Brice is his best choice. That's rough.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He very well may make Freshmen mistakes but they have the defense that can overcome them during the regular season and KB will not win a Championship for them. Kelly Bryant probably did save their *** some in the A&M game but even then, he was only good for about 2 drives but Dabo was stuck with him the whole 2nd half because he couldn’t pull him.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I am NOT calling for TM to be demoted. I understand the business of college football, and since loyalty isn't a factor in who starts at QB, I don't see why it should be a factor for why a QB should stay after being demoted.