Redemption Begins Tonite!!! - R-Kansas Game Thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
All I got ta say is ...

well.gif

You're welcome, micky fickies ... and @mstranahan , if'n you gotta problem with me ... well, you jus' gonna have ta ...

ldwi.gif

... and I tracked down @dtm1997 and @connell62 ...

pumped.gif

such cool bro's.

I don't even care. Jackets got a true-road W tonite!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Seriously though, really solid performance all around.

I never expected R-Kansas to be able to adjust to our defense. They're a typical 'keep foulin cause the refs won't call 'em all' team. No real imagination to anything they do. We stayed solid, didn't waiver (much).

And how 'bout frickin K MOORE! Super solid. And them last few free throws? Como se dice, 'clutch'? Devoe finally showing some signs. Solid, unflappable ball-handler. If we get him to be more selfish, we'll have something special there.

And Mr. James Banks III? Nice. Gafford is talented, athletic and Mr. Banks III matched him and outplayed him. Good job, sir.

And, to @ChasonBaller point, the hunt is now on for who the CPast account is. Totally stole our lineup suggestions.

And hey, may as well make it a streak. It's dawg season!

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Cpast definetely reads this place. Got our goodluck unis too. Stop playing Wright so much coach

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@kg01 ...Didn’t leave, I’ve been busy wrapping your Christmas gift..this beautiful (sans the 18 turnovers) performance by the Jackets!!

In all seriousness, this was a huge win. It could end up being a game we look back on next year. Just in terms of the team growing up together. We just won a true road game against a good team. By the way, those refs were terrible

We shouldn’t be flat against our rival, but it will be interesting to see if we’re as sharp on Saturday. Rest up and kick that dawg ***!!!

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win, Jackets!!! Glad I watched. I don’t care how “young” Arkansas is, this is a road win against a SEC team—I’ll take it! Nice to get some momentum headed into Saturday too.

Alvarado needs to play at this level for us to win. I wish we had Cole back to game-shape, because I think he might pair well with the other 4 that played well. Especially impressed with Moore and Devoe tonight. They did not play like Freshman. And Banks certainly outplayed his man.

Go Jackets!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you will be seeing the line up we’ve been begging for get the bulk of mins from here on out:

Jose, devoe, Moore, Haywood, banks

If this group plays to their potential most nights we will have a competitive ACC season.

bos

Helluva Engineer
GT is lucky Banks was allowed to play this year, what an addition he has been! I have no idea what CJP would have done without him in the rotation. What a disappointment Cole, Ogbonda, and Gueye have been.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
Moore was clutch with his freethrows at the end. The offense also flows much more smoothly with him on the floor.

Very good win. I'm impressed that we did not fold at the end.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cpast definetely reads this place. Got our goodluck unis too. Stop playing Wright so much coach

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that about Moses, but I think he’s been providing some good minutes.

He needs to stop taking 3’s (period), and he must knock down his free throws, but he’s explosive around the rim. He’s been good on D as well.

ETA: Totally agree with everyone about Khalid. I’ve been saying that you could see him growing up. He’s come along quickly, but already an important player for us. He and Banks work well together.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a shame that Shembari hasn't stepped up to the point that he could take Alston's minutes. He's not the shooter that Alston is but he'd provide more athleticism maybe a bit more versatility.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen a lot of people saying that about Moses, but I think he’s been providing some good minutes.

He needs to stop taking 3’s (period), and he must knock down his free throws, but he’s explosive around the rim. He’s been good on D as well.

They played Moses in a 3 out system a couple of games ago where he wasn't more than 15 feet from the basket but I haven't seen them do it since. If they would play that set instead of putting Moses deep in the corner then I could see playing Moses legit minutes He does help on D especially when there is a good big like tonight

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Offense looked better with Devoe at point. Gave Alvarado the chance to produce.
Devoe can handle the ball. He is a player. Banks has shown he can play. Jose made some bad passes but handled the press well especially with help from Devoe. We still seem to stand around too much on offense. Defense is actually pretty good but we gave up some baskets at the rim tonight that were not well defended. This team should get better as the season progresses but need to get better 3 pt shooting percentage. We will surprise some teams this year.