Redemption Begins Tonite!!! - R-Kansas Game Thread

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Devoe can handle the ball. He is a player. Banks has shown he can play. Jose made some bad passes but handled the press well especially with help from Devoe. We still seem to stand around too much on offense. Defense is actually pretty good but we gave up some baskets at the rim tonight that were not well defended. This team should get better as the season progresses but need to get better 3 pt shooting percentage. We will surprise some teams this year.
And limit the silly turnovers.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@kg01 You nailed it!

Going to watch... just hope it's a good game.

Really hard to stay up for 9pm games when we are not competitive and at work before 7am.
It just seems like the late games are getting later & later. Maybe I’m just getting older & older. This time of year it’s averaging 14 hrs/day and its gettting hard to keep up with my youngsters. The old man is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
I love when Tech loses to lesser competition, then turns around and wins a stunner. I love seeing the doom and gloom turn to glee. Beat the dwags!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@kg01 You nailed it!

right.gif

slugboy

Staff member
AJC game writeup by Ken Seguira
Box Score from ESPN
Video clip (ESPN)

Against Arkansas, we shot 29.4% from 3, and 45.5% FG% and 70% on free throws, scoring 69 points.
Against Gardner Webb, we shot 26.1% from 3, 44.4% FG%, and 70% on free throws, scoring 69 points.
Our shot selection wasn't that much different in the games (6 made threes against GW, 5 against Arkansas), but we got more out of our free throws.
We held Arkansas to 38.1% FG% and 31.3% from 3.
GW was 52.5% FG% and 40% from 3.
Gardner Webb scored 79. Arkansas scored 65.
Either we played much better defense against Arkansas, or Gardner Webb is a better shooting team that Arkansas, or we caught Arkansas by surprise. I'll let you guys piece this together.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
A Ray of hope!! Credit to Pastner for a limited rotation, and for an upturn in Intensity. His demeanor was noticeable different and I think that carries over to the team. We are a team that has to be an elite defensive team, as our offense is mediocre at best.

If we play with that intensity and that level of defense, we can be a good team this year. Now go freaken BEAT the DAWGS!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Either we played much better defense against Arkansas, or Gardner Webb is a better shooting team that Arkansas, or we caught Arkansas by surprise. I'll let you guys piece this together.

This. I have no idea which is the correct answer....but I saw some of the GW game and we looked VERY slow on defense (especially Banks, who got savaged by their 6'6" C)...and I have not yet viewed the Arky game......so I will be curious as to other's opinions on this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
AJC game writeup by Ken Seguira
Box Score from ESPN
Video clip (ESPN)

Against Arkansas, we shot 29.4% from 3, and 45.5% FG% and 70% on free throws, scoring 69 points.
Against Gardner Webb, we shot 26.1% from 3, 44.4% FG%, and 70% on free throws, scoring 69 points.
Our shot selection wasn't that much different in the games (6 made threes against GW, 5 against Arkansas), but we got more out of our free throws.
We held Arkansas to 38.1% FG% and 31.3% from 3.
GW was 52.5% FG% and 40% from 3.
Gardner Webb scored 79. Arkansas scored 65.

The answer is simple. R-Kansas doesn't run a sophisticated offense, Gardner-Webb did.

GT_EE78

Banned
Dont care that much who starts but want to see Alvarado, banks, devoe, haywood & Moore get a lot of minutes. Hope we remember how to play defense & have a decent shooting night.
CJP finally,finally,finally, got the right people on the floor . and results were as expected. maybe he reads this blog. sure hope he doesn't develop amnesia going forward. Jose,banks,devoe,Moore are the obvious core for this team. Haywood still has some work/improvement to go but his competition hasn't been overwhelming so rotating in that fifth spot may work too. That was just a nice effort that i hope to see repeated many times.