Redemption Begins Tonite!!! - R-Kansas Game Thread

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't try to do too much before Saturday though. We need the guys locked in for that. We gotta beat the mutts on our home court!

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I am going to beat my personal dead horse but I think CJP really has to look at how he sets up Mose's role. It is really hard to run a 4 out offense and then tell Moses he can't shoot beyond 15 feet. It destroys the spacing and it is hard to put a kid 20 feet from the basket - throw him the ball there - and then expect him to do something without shooting. It doesn't work.

They ran Moses in a 3 out system a couple of games ago which kept him 15 feet or so from the basket and thus in a role where he could make plays. They haven't gone back to it since and Moses has suffered despite starting. If you want his help on D where his length and athleticism are real assets, then you have to put him in an offensive system that allows him to do at least OK. I understand the issues of having a separate system just for one player and this does restrict the space available for Banks. But it is a tradeoff that has to come if you are going to play him and get his D.
Very true, I’ve been scratching my head to that as well. The game they went 3 out I believe was the Saint John’s game. Moses went for an efficient 12.