Recruiting.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
None of us know what conversations the staff has had with the team but they have had one on one meetings. I assume if we over sign it is with good cause projecting our numbers next year. I’m fairly certain if this isn’t true and we start “processing” players there will be some fan backlash.

Animal02

Banned
Like him or not, KQ has been pretty spot on lately. There will be attrition in the Spring and CGC is preparing for it. I'm not to speculate on who might leave, but it happens every year and will likely be greater with a new coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has nothing to do with liking anybody......I was a simple of question of what would happen if they oversigned and did not get the attrition they were projecting....what happens?

Animal02

Banned
None of us know what conversations the staff has had with the team but they have had one on one meetings. I assume if we over sign it is with good cause projecting our numbers next year. I’m fairly certain if this isn’t true and we start “processing” players there will be some fan backlash.
My question was simply what would happen if they did oversign and then their projections were wrong....what exactly happens then?

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Would you consider encouraging players to move on who are to graduate in the Spring but have eligibility left "processing" players?

Formerly "GTjay"

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Would you consider encouraging players to move on who are to graduate in the Spring but have eligibility left "processing" players?

Formerly "GTjay"

What do you mean by “encourage?” If Tech, this staff of any other, ever starts pulling scholarships and tells them to take a hike...I’ll be taking a hike with them out the door.

I honestly don’t see that happening though.

Animal02

Banned
The answer is their projections wont be wrong. CGC is confident in the number he can safely sign. If you aren't oversigning to account for attrition, you are undersigning, period.
You need to be careful with absolutes ;)
The question remains...what would happen should the program"projection" be wrong.....this isn't simply a coach decision..there are multiple parties involved.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The question remains...what would happen should the program"projection" be wrong.....this isn't simply a coach decision..there are multiple parties involved.
So do u join whisky in DEMANDING that gt guarante a scholarship after a player graduates. ?

1. Other schools are year to year- if we think u can help us next year= here is your scholarship.

2 As I understand at gt we gave it =we think u can help us = here is enough scholarship time to get a degree. As it was before u enrolled once u graduate we will determine scholarship eligibility based on needs.

Like your thoughts on 2 please.
Tough question

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
GT should always be different for guys that have done the right stuff in the classroom and on the practice field. (and stayed out of trouble otherwise)

GT should be known for putting the "student" in the term student athlete FIRST. If a guy has eligibility left, and he desires to have that last year of football at GT, and he has done everything correctly, he should get it.

That is my opinion.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Get to the Choppa!!
66118A92-DF07-4858-8604-7059C057FA6F.png

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

What happens if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow? You are asking an irrelevant question because you want a reason to be mad at the new coach even though he hasn't done anything yet.

There are transfers every year and we have RB's who aren't going to see the field now. Inconceivable that we wouldn't lose a couple. Then there are grades and medical issues. I bet we over sign and still have one or two left over. The alternative is how 3-9 seasons happen and you have been clear that that would be unacceptable.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
That is a pretty cool 'copter. James Franklin did stuff like that at Vandy - he was there for 3 years.

Here is to hoping that CGC is around longer than that, if he has the success we all would like to see.

It is extremely good that someone is providing resources like these to make GT more attractive.