Recruiting issue raised by a past Auburn football athelete

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I have always herd that one and six tech graduates are millionaires? I guess that is completely false because if they were then tech should be rolling with money. Instead tech alumni rather not show up two games and donate no money to the program but still feel they have the right two complain about why their school is not relevant in sports on a national level. Geoff Collins is right with all that comes with tech they should be a power house in all the sports but they will never because of the Alumni. I’m a tech fan for life and will die a tech fan but I’m sure glad I’m not an alumni of the school Bc we have the worst alumni of any school in America
Tech doesn’t have the worst alumni in the country. Tech’s alumni base is just not football or sports fans in general. Like I’ve stated before on here, administration at Tech is not worried about what the football team’s record is. They don’t admit students to go to football games or to donate to the AA. They admit kids to continue world changing research and change the world. Usually only 50-60% of incoming freshmen are in state. Of those you could probably say at least 50% grew up UGA fans or some other SEC school. That isn’t even close to the numbers of in state students like powerhouse schools. Just look at Alabama, they’re admitting less and less in state students, and their student section reflects that. They just have the most successful program in history and probably close to more bandwagon sidewalk fans than any other team in college or professional sports.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Then why don’t the athletic department got no money if tech got all the so called millionaires? Where does Alabama Clemson UGA Texas A&M get their money from? They get it by filling up the Stadium in the fall and by there alumni. We can’t half fill our 55k stadium and our so called millionaires want come off there wallet and yes they are many that are sports fans but they rather stay home and complain on forums like this. CGC has said over and that he knows what tech should be but the alumni will never give the opportunity Bc of the alumni and fans. I am hoping and praying when I’m there at the North Carolina game that it’s sold out and the only nc fans is there is there allotment but I’m pretty sure I’m just living in fantasy land

The school gets lots of donations. It has an endowment of over $2 billion. Regulations in Georgia limit how much the school can contribute to the athletic department.

I wish there were more alumni in the stands. I wish there were more non-alumni in the stands.

As to the people on this forum: There are trolls. There are people who complain but don't buy tickets and don't donate. There are people who have had season tickets and donated since the 70s that don't complain. There are people who live more than a thousand miles away who buy season tickets every year even though they can only attend a couple of games. It is all over the place.

As to millionaires. Being a millionaire now isn't the same as it was in Rockefeller times. If someone got out of Tech in 1999, began work and bought a house in Atlanta, the house could be paid for by now and be half of the $1 million. If they maxed out their 401k every year, that could be the other half of $1 million. All that would mean is that someone in their mid-40s owns a house and has a decent chance at having money to retire on. It wouldn't necessarily mean that they have tens of thousands of dollars to throw around in donations. However, they should be able to spend a few hundred a year on tickets.

I buy season tickets. I donate money to the athletic department. I have called out posters before for the same thing you are: complaining from their couch while doing nothing to support the program. Just be careful about lumping everyone into categories. There are plenty of alumni that support athletics. There are plenty that don't. There are sidewalk fans that give lots of support to athletics. There are also sidewalk fans that complain about the program, but do nothing to help the program.

falconholic26

Banned
I live in Warner Robins and know many tech fans and know there are a lot of tech fans that live here because I see car decals on cars every day in town but when I went two academy sports the other day they wasn’t a single tech thing there to buy. You know why it’s not where not here it’s because we don’t but enough apparel two justify two selling it and it’s breaks my heart and it’s a shame it truly is. I’m afraid if Ga State ever gets in a power 5 conference that going to be the end of Ga Tech. But we the fans and alumni are two blame not the coaches or the players. Please don’t let that happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I’m afraid if Ga State ever gets in a power 5 conference that going to be the end of Ga Tech. But we the fans and alumni are two blame not the coaches or the players. Please don’t let that happen!!!!!!!!!!!
Credit to Ga. State for beating Tenn, but no one goes to their games and they got boat raced by Western Michigan last week 57-10.

falconholic26

Banned
I just want all tech fans and alumni come together and support the players the coaches and please fill up the stadium in they fall!!!!! There only 7 weeks in the fall where we get a chance to show how much we care about the football program. Players bust there *** all year long to play the game and when they finally play a game the stadium is half full they only going to play half way because if we don’t care why and the he’ll should they care so stop all this no sense and show up!!! I bet if we sellout Bobby Dodd with our fans every week we would be in top 20 recruiting every year but we don’t want that because then we wouldn’t have anything to complain about. Georgia Tech students athletics deserve better than what we doing. Me, You,Alumni and fan has failed the sports program and we must and I mean must do better if we are ever going to be the laughing stock in Georgia and the country and like the Falcons saying Please Rise Up!!! And most important Please Show Up!!! There no more excuses.

TechPreacher

Banned
1. Foreigners don't like/understand football.
2. Geeks don't like/understand football.
3. Georgia Institute of Technology doesn't care what Georgia Tech does.

Those are the reasons it is what it is. If Alabama football starts losing, university enrollment drops. If Tech football loses, no one cares, except for you. It's nice that the students had something to do on the weekends to enrich their college experience. There are probably some that wish that BDS was a classroom or research building. Tech football does not move the Institute needle. Period.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
1. Foreigners don't like/understand football.
2. Geeks don't like/understand football.
3. Georgia Institute of Technology doesn't care what Georgia Tech does.

Those are the reasons it is what it is. If Alabama football starts losing, university enrollment drops. If Tech football loses, no one cares, except for you. It's nice that the students had something to do on the weekends to enrich their college experience. There are probably some that wish that BDS was a classroom or research building. Tech football does not move the Institute needle. Period.
I'm a foreigner and I love football.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had season tickets for 3 years and really enjoyed the games and coming on campus. I live almost 7 hours away by car but I had a place to stay in Atlanta with in-laws so we could bring our dog. That situation changed 2 years ago so I have dropped my tickets. I always come back for homecoming and a reunion with my frat brothers. We always have a large group for the game etc. We have guys come from Arizona Wyoming Florida etc. Some of us just a little too far to drive to the home games. That 7 hour drive is even that much further after a loss. If this program was top 10 a lot of out of towners would be coming to the games. Too much losing brings appathy and interest is hard to get back. People find other interests. Also parking for the games is horrible in atlanta. I take MARTA . I donate to both academics and athletics. To fill the stands we need to be winning more and providing an entertaining event more than just a game and a marching band. I think the school is trying to do some of that now. I hope it works. Go Jackets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The first thing is to add seat backs and reduce the number of seats per row. People are bigger now than when the stadium seats were numbered.

falconholic26

Banned
Go look up the Top 100 2020 high school football recruits in Georgia and all the top 20 are committed two the sec except for Clemson but Clemson is more sec than the acc. The highest rank player not committed two the sec or Clemson is at No 21 which is committed two UNC. The same pattern for the 2021 Georgia high school. We will never defect UGA Clemson or Alabama for Georgia recruits but we must stop Auburn from getting the rest of the best recruits because the get a lot of ga players year in and out. That must stop if we ever going to compete on a national level.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Go look up the Top 100 2020 high school football recruits in Georgia and all the top 20 are committed two the sec except for Clemson but Clemson is more sec than the acc. The highest rank player not committed two the sec or Clemson is at No 21 which is committed two UNC. The same pattern for the 2021 Georgia high school. We will never defect UGA Clemson or Alabama for Georgia recruits but we must stop Auburn from getting the rest of the best recruits because the get a lot of ga players year in and out. That must stop if we ever going to compete on a national level.

Maybe you should tell TStan, he disagrees.

falconholic26

Banned
CGC and his staff must find a way two eliminate Auburn and also South Carolina strong presence in the state of Georgia. I think they know that if they can then Georgia Tech will succeed for years two come but if they can’t then they will probably fail in their effort two succeed here.

falconholic26

Banned
There trying to get Willie Taggart fired that’s why no noles are there. But tech fans shouldn’t worry about how full other stadiums are let’s just focus on how we can fill ours.