Record Attendance Spring Game

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I believe we will make the top 10 in spring game attendance this year.

Nebraska: 85,946
Alabama: 62,219
Ohio State: 61,102
Penn State: 61,000
Clemson: 60,000
Georgia: 52,630
Tennessee: 50,967
Oklahoma: 50,228
Florida: 39,476
Notre Dame: 30,074
We better

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If we don't see 30-35k fans and students then I have lost hope. They are out there. They just cannot be lazy. We as a fanbase need to spread the gospel of coach Collins and get followers to the spring game and regular season games.

You pull for players to make plays.
For the most part Spring games are pretty boring, although you did get at least a glimpse of the abilities of the players on the field, and what promise they might hold. But the main reason I go frankly is to hang out with other Tech friends and just enjoy the time. Glad you're going up. Hope to meet you (again, if we haven't met before). I re-met your brother a month ago, after not having seen him in probably 20 years.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
With all the talk about setting an attendance record, I figured I would remind the football board about Tech’s upcoming rubber match with UGA baseball at Suntrust Park on Tuesday. The current attendance record for COFH is 28,836 in 2004, and has hovered around 20k for most games. This is a top 15 match up, and a chance for Tech to win “outright” against uGA for the first time in any major sport since the 2016 football game. Also an opportunity for Tech baseball to take the series for the first time in 6 years. This is a big game with very large playoff implications for both teams, regardless of the rivalry.

You know mutt fans are going to show up and show out, so if we could get ~10k Tech fans there and make it 50/50, or at least 60/40, it would be huge. Plus, most (if not all) of the proceeds from ticket sales go to benefit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. It’s really a win-win, regardless of what happens.

Also regarding the spring game this Friday; Tech baseball is hosting Clemson for a weekend series, with first pitch on Friday scheduled for 6. Another huge series regarding playoff seeding for us, so packing the Rusty C out is necessary. If you get to campus early on Friday, try to stop by and support the baseball team. They’ve worked very hard to get the recognition they deserve, and as a top 15 team in the country, the least we can do is get 3,000 Tech fans in the building everyday this weekend.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
With all the talk about setting an attendance record, I figured I would remind the football board about Tech’s upcoming rubber match with UGA baseball at Suntrust Park on Tuesday. The current attendance record for COFH is 28,836 in 2004, and has hovered around 20k for most games. This is a top 15 match up, and a chance for Tech to win “outright” against uGA for the first time in any major sport since the 2016 football game. Also an opportunity for Tech baseball to take the series for the first time in 6 years. This is a big game with very large playoff implications for both teams, regardless of the rivalry.

You know mutt fans are going to show up and show out, so if we could get ~10k Tech fans there and make it 50/50, or at least 60/40, it would be huge. Plus, most (if not all) of the proceeds from ticket sales go to benefit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. It’s really a win-win, regardless of what happens.

Also regarding the spring game this Friday; Tech baseball is hosting Clemson for a weekend series, with first pitch on Friday scheduled for 6. Another huge series regarding playoff seeding for us, so packing the Rusty C out is necessary. If you get to campus early on Friday, try to stop by and support the baseball team. They’ve worked very hard to get the recognition they deserve, and as a top 15 team in the country, the least we can do is get 3,000 Tech fans in the building everyday this weekend.
Where do we buy tickets for the SunTrust park game??? Its pretty sad how poorly it's been advertised and how hard it is to find tickets. Not on stub hub or anything

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

I found it. Listed as farm view spring classic... ugh. Just name it the Tech ugag rivalry game or something. I hate how sad baseball is at the collegiate level with attendance of fans.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Hearing that Jeezy might make an appearance too. Lives real close to campus. For all the old timers, don't google him unless you want to be scarred for life.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hearing that Jeezy might make an appearance too. Lives real close to campus. For all the old timers, don't google him unless you want to be scarred for life.
So why rumors and not an up front marketing campaign? Is this some new sales strategy I haven’t heard of: keep the news of you big draw special guest as secret as possible?