Question about recruiting

First, this formatting gave me a brain aneurysm. Second, you've put the total points for each class on here completely ruining your side of the argument. Rivals only uses points for the top 20 recruits. 1621 > 1374. /thread
Total points are a measurement of number. meaning size of class along with star ratings.

Deleted member 2897

So just to be real with it, this current recruiting class is graded the same as our 2018 class according to rivals. Average 3.0. So it plans out like I have been saying.

Fake Boos.

1) We're a couple hundred points higher than we were at that same player count.
2) We have more time to sign more guys (or lose them, but the point is the cycle isn't done yet).
3) Probably still have a couple guys like Gibbs who will get ratings upgrades.
4) Each additional commit > 5.5 results in a higher points differential.
5) Roster management is part of big boy football.
6) We have several guys left we're chasing that are significantly higher than our average current rating.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Will we pull offers if a more desirable player wants to commit. The numbers don't add up now so we know some are going to leave the program. We need a couple of big DL's in this class.

Deleted member 2897

No we have 2 more. SOOOO all three stars are not equal.....I just find the whole recruiting thing a joke. It is scheme and coaching that matters. Ask Miami.

This is what we will find out over the next few years, because from what I've seen so far, CGC and his coaches can materially out-recruit what we've been used to over the last 10-12 years. But there's more to it than that. Its not fair to say they aren't as good of coaches as CPJ was although it may appear so...but even if you take that to be true for now as an assumption, does having significantly better rated players more than offset that? That's I think what we may find out over time. The SEC is littered with teams who have top 25-rated recruiting classes year after year and never amount to much.

This is what we will find out over the next few years, because from what I've seen so far, CGC and his coaches can materially out-recruit what we've been used to over the last 10-12 years. But there's more to it than that. Its not fair to say they aren't as good of coaches as CPJ was although it may appear so...but even if you take that to be true for now as an assumption, does having significantly better rated players more than offset that? That's I think what we may find out over time. The SEC is littered with teams who have top 25-rated recruiting classes year after year and never amount to much.

My point exactly. But as I pointed out on another thread, Tech is an Academic Institution that is in the P5. We can get some good players but not the depth and in some positions not too many. That is why Coaching and scheme matter. Friedgen out schemed teams. during Gailey it was Tennuta out scheming. And of course CPJ out schemed. I just hope our current staff changes their thoughts as they were clear that we were not going to be a scheme based team and right now it is showing just that,

??????total points is total Rivals point assigned by player and then added up based on number of players. Class ranking varies on size of class times point value. Which is why ranking classes is silly because as an example one year we were 84th, Why, because we only needed 14 recruits. We were 84th. Average star 2.71. CSU was ranked ahead of us with 26 recruits average star 2.12

You still don’t get it, so keep pushing false info.

No I’ll just ask the other 20 teams in the Top 25 with 3 losses or less.
So if you are implying it is all about recruiting.....Well let's ask number 25 Navy about that. Or SMU, K State, Baylor, Wake Forest. If you go down the Top 25 you find a lot of really good coaches.

You are arguing with someone who literally thinks recruiting doesn't matter. There is no point arguing with him.
Sure, getting some player matters but recruiting rankings were created to fill up the offseason. Back in the 70's and the 80's you might hear about one or two good players coming in but the rest you knew nothing about. Coaching and development out does recruiting. Give me a three star at 22 who I have built up over a 5 star freshman any day. That is why heavily senior laden teams win, as long as the coaching is there. Go back and Watch the 2006 ACCG. I promise you we had better stars than Wake Forest, but they had 18 seniors who were starters. Calvin Johnson was nothing that day.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So if you are implying it is all about recruiting.....Well let's ask number 25 Navy about that. Or SMU, K State, Baylor, Wake Forest. If you go down the Top 25 you find a lot of really good coaches.

You should really stop
SMU transfers:
Shane Buechele: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/shane-buechele-3673

Cam’Ron Jones: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/cam-jones-170008

Chevin Calloway https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/chevin-calloway-139

Thomas Shelmire
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/thomas-shelmire-181181

https://247sports.com/college/smu/L...football-transfers-new-players-134499064/Amp/

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Sure, getting some player matters but recruiting rankings were created to fill up the offseason. Back in the 70's and the 80's you might hear about one or two good players coming in but the rest you knew nothing about. Coaching and development out does recruiting. Give me a three star at 22 who I have built up over a 5 star freshman any day. That is why heavily senior laden teams win, as long as the coaching is there. Go back and Watch the 2006 ACCG. I promise you we had better stars than Wake Forest, but they had 18 seniors who were starters. Calvin Johnson was nothing that day.

I don't totally disagree with your take on 5-Star athletes, but you have to look deeper into what is happening here, there is more in the works and if you are looking for "instant gratification" it isn't going to happen ...

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you see his kickoff attempt yesterday and his missed XP earlier in the season? Watched him in warmups? Wells is simply not right at all presently, whether it is an injury or something else. They arent sitting him for no reason.

I would think losing your job after you are batting 100% would tend to mess with your head, hell having to prove that you can kick would mess with most starting kickers heads