Question about recruiting

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm beginning to think that you guys are trying to convince yourselves that team performance is based on what fans where to games, or vice versa.
Damn it, you’re right. It don’t really matter what I wear so I’m going to start wearing Hawaiian shirts to the games.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Vandy’s popular from about the north edge of campus down I-65 to Franklin, southwest into Belle Meade. They’re really not sports fans, but they do like baseball a lot and basketball sometimes.
Sounds like you know Nashville. I was born there and lived there through high school when I came to GT. Several friends went to both UT and Vandy. MBA was a direct pipeline to Vandy back then. I was the only one in my HS to come to Tech .

Jmonty71

Banned
I think recruiting is important but so is coaching ( And I don't want to hear any bad think about our coaching that is not the question )
What makes a kid decide to go to a school , I always thought it was more won loss record but now I don't think that is the case. I'm fine with how we are doing this year if we can sign them.

I looked at FSU and Tennessee ratings the past 4 years and this year and looking at it with their won loss record I don't understand how they do so good, location , easy majors , putting players in the NFL or women on campus.

Tennessee

Year Recruiting won loss record
2020 23 2-5
2019 13 5-7
2018 21 4-8
2017 17
2016 14

FSU
2020 13 3-4
2019 19 5-7
2018 11 7-6
2017 6
2016 3

Looking at these recruiting number both these teams should be in the top 10. I may can understand Tennessee being in the SEC everyone builds up the SEC,
So how important is recruiting is it better to get 4 and 5 stars players if they are overrated .
I understand the recruiting scores.. Here's my view on them. Recruiting scores are nothing more than a base resume. Look at Ugag... How many years with CMR have top 5 classes, and not end up in the play-offs or BCS?? I think they are a good base tool, but cannot determine how much work a person puts in. I agree with you... They do matter, to a point. But, it's not all based on 5 star, 4 star and such. I think some of it is hype. Big schools warrant higher scores. I think GT needs to stick in the 3 star, occasional 4 star area.

I think posters who continually hijack threads to talk about colors should be fined or imprisoned. :)

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
What we have been discussing here is not the usual hijacking to talk about colors; it's a discussion about how important it can be for the fans to wear the school colors, whatever they are. And if you don't think seeing fans in the stands wearing team colors is not a good recruiting tool, then you obviously don't pay attention to how it affects that for the big schools.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"So just to be real with it, this current recruiting class is graded the same as our 2018 class according to rivals. Average 3.0. So it plans out like I have been saying."

So you're saying a guy that's a "3" that got a GT offer last minute as only P5 offer is the same as a "3" that has had a collection of P5 offers for months and chooses Tech?

"So just to be real with it, this current recruiting class is graded the same as our 2018 class according to rivals. Average 3.0. So it plans out like I have been saying."

So you're saying a guy that's a "3" that got a GT offer last minute as only P5 offer is the same as a "3" that has had a collection of P5 offers for months and chooses Tech?

Yes, maybe the kid was a 2 star but his senior season blew it up. Or maybe someone underestimated him. We have had a lot of those that have been some of our best players. In fact I don't think is is such a good idea to offer kids so early. We are probably full at this point and what if you have a kid break out. What are we going to be like Alabama and over commit?

But as I have always conteneded, trying to place value on an 18 year old is really crazy. By the time they are 22 they are totally different in size and strength.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Per Rivals

GT 2018

Georgia Tech

3 this is average of stars

GT 2020

Georgia Tech

3 again average of stars

So tell me where I am wrong.

First, this formatting gave me a brain aneurysm. Second, you've put the total points for each class on here completely ruining your side of the argument. Rivals only uses points for the top 20 recruits. 1621 > 1374. /thread