QB Johnson injured - UPDATE

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Anybody have any information on the scrimmage injury to Tech's backup QB, Lucas Johnson? With this GT is working without a net at QB, with Marshall and a true freshman.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I get the feeling we won’t get to know what LJ cities so in this offense. With all his injuries and the signing of Graham along with TO already in the system and Yaues and knight committed, I just don’t see when or how he’s going to stay healthy enough to get any reps. Hope like hell im wrong.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I get the feeling we won’t get to know what LJ cities so in this offense. With all his injuries and the signing of Graham along with TO already in the system and Yaues and knight committed, I just don’t see when or how he’s going to stay healthy enough to get any reps. Hope like hell im wrong.

Indeed. It's a good problem to have, of course, but especially because he's cut from a slightly different cloth, it feels like missing out. We've found a way to use other QB candidates, and LJ definitely has athleticism, but his strength is in QB skillset. We also nabbed him from the West coast where he could have had lots of opportunity to put up numbers and develop into an NFL prospect at a non-P5 school.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Indeed. It's a good problem to have, of course, but especially because he's cut from a slightly different cloth, it feels like missing out. We've found a way to use other QB candidates, and LJ definitely has athleticism, but his strength is in QB skillset. We also nabbed him from the West coast where he could have had lots of opportunity to put up numbers and develop into an NFL prospect at a non-P5 school.
just guessing but from here on he QB is in a yellow jersey.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
A metaphor is like a simile.
74009B6E-9D73-41EC-9F72-70F5B14A7B99.jpeg

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Anybody have any information on the scrimmage injury to Tech's backup QB, Lucas Johnson? With this GT is working without a net at QB, with Marshall and a true freshman.
I thought Tobias was a redshirt freshman.
So we'll have a redshirt freshman and a true freshman, if Graham moves back, behind TaQuon. I wonder how much better Tobias will get with more reps in Lucas' place.