QB battle

GTFLETCH

Banned
Good Article on QB Matt Jordan... Still looking for a recruiting breakdown

"Jordan (6-2, 190), a three-star prospect according to 247Sports, had narrowed his choices to Georgia Tech, Nebraska, South Alabama, Louisiana-Lafayette, Middle Tennessee State and Memphis. He also had offers from UAB, Tulane, Arkansas State, Northern Illinois, Louisiana-Monroe, Western Kentucky, Jacksonville State, Samford, Appalachian State, Furman and Texas State. The last two really came down to South Alabama and Georgia Tech," he said. "I really liked Nebraska; that's just a long ways. South (Alabama) is really close to home -- it's my hometown school. I always grew up a South Alabama fan. But Georgia Tech, when I went over there for a visit, they're the ones who treated me the best and with their facilities, I just think I can call it home."

"Any offense, as long as somebody teaches it to me I can learn it," he said. "I can use my running ability, my smarts to make the right read, and I know Coach Johnson wants to open up the passing game a little bit, so I can help with the passing game also. He wants to make the game more evolved, throw the ball a little bit more."

Link
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/jackson_qb_matthew_jordan_anno.html

GTFLETCH

Banned
CPJ recruited QB Matt Jordan to play QB after JT5..

"Some schools recruited Jordan as an athlete, but he said Georgia Tech was open about their desire to have him play quarterback in their ground-oriented offense.(Head) coach (Paul) Johnson looked me in the eye and said, 'you could probably play anywhere on the field, but I want you to be our quarterback,'" Jordan said. "That meant a lot to me. That is the position I wanted to play. I've played quarterback since I was 4, and I'm excited to get there."

Link
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/jacksons_matthew_jordan_gavin.html

GTFLETCH

Banned
Another great Article to go with that great film.... The real QB battle is for backup. who is going to switch position... TQM or JJ?

"Jordan always has been a great athlete. In fact, he's so good Jackson coach Danny Powell said he could play running back or in the secondary if the Yellow Jackets needed him at one of those positions. However, Jordan said Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson only has talked to him about quarterback, and that is the position he wants to play. When I first got him, it was easy to tell he was an athlete, but his throwing was a little stiff," Morris said. "He has worked himself into being a very rhythmic and natural passer. Anytime a guy throws for more than 2,000 yards, he is doing something right and something is clicking. In my opinion, Matthew is a product of hard work. He always has been fast. He has worked his tail off to be a great all-around quarterback."

Jordan helped lead Jackson to a 21-3 record over the past two seasons.

"Matthew will be good at whatever he does," he said. "He's got a very good football IQ, and he is very smart off the field. He's very athletic, he will pick up the option game well, and he is a very determined young man. He's one of the hardest workers I've ever been around."

Link
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/former_jackson_star_matthew_jo.html

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
Good Article on QB Matt Jordan... Still looking for a recruiting breakdown

"Jordan (6-2, 190), a three-star prospect according to 247Sports, had narrowed his choices to Georgia Tech, Nebraska, South Alabama, Louisiana-Lafayette, Middle Tennessee State and Memphis. He also had offers from UAB, Tulane, Arkansas State, Northern Illinois, Louisiana-Monroe, Western Kentucky, Jacksonville State, Samford, Appalachian State, Furman and Texas State. The last two really came down to South Alabama and Georgia Tech," he said. "I really liked Nebraska; that's just a long ways. South (Alabama) is really close to home -- it's my hometown school. I always grew up a South Alabama fan. But Georgia Tech, when I went over there for a visit, they're the ones who treated me the best and with their facilities, I just think I can call it home."

"Any offense, as long as somebody teaches it to me I can learn it," he said. "I can use my running ability, my smarts to make the right read, and I know Coach Johnson wants to open up the passing game a little bit, so I can help with the passing game also. He wants to make the game more evolved, throw the ball a little bit more."

Link
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/jackson_qb_matthew_jordan_anno.html

Not fair to Matthew. I think a lot of programs didn't want to touch him because of the T1D. I think he is an amazing young man to look at his academic accomplishments and his ability to play football through medical adversity. Really looking forward to seeing him this Fall. Wish him nothing but the best!

GTFLETCH

Banned
Only Recruiting Breakdown I can find.... However I think we will be just fine, going from JT5 to Matt Jordan..

Watching his film makes one wonder why Jordan didn't get any more attention from other schools. First off, his frame is perfect for the role he'll play at Georgia Tech -- he's tall enough to throw from the pocket, but not so tall that he loses leverage. Plus, his frame is solid, meaning durability and speed. Oh, and speed isn't just an assumption. Jordan can run. He shows great speed, vision, and has pretty good agility to boot. Also, it turns out QB's are supposed to be able to throw -- Jordan can do that too. He does a great job with footwork and mechanics in the pocket, but can also throw on the run on rollout passes or when flushed from the pocket. His deep passes in particular are beautiful -- he shows great arm strength but also accuracy in the vertical passing game. The only potential "flaw" I can find in his highlight tape is that he played seemingly entirely from the shotgun in high school, meaning there will be a learning curve to playing from under center. However, if that's a QB's biggest question coming in to this offense, there's really not much to worry about.

Another thing you'll come to find out about Jordan is that he's really got a good head on his shoulders. After hearing of Vad Lee's departure, Jordan spoke with Kelly Quinlan of JacketsOnline. His reaction (subscription required) was extremely impressive for a high school senior, and showed great maturity and understanding of the game. If you need more evidence, watch his highlights around the 1:03 mark and watch him stay with a play long enough to block two defenders 30+ yards down the field -- and that's after handing the ball off.

Link
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...tech-yellow-jackets-recruiting-matthew-jordan

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If Mat Jordan wins out fine, but the two youngins look very promising for two different reasons.

Coach has always said everyone is even. It could be coach speak or could be not.

My personally like what Auburn is doing and I hope CPJ does it at GT. Start Luke.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Only Recruiting Breakdown I can find.... However I think we will be just fine, going from JT5 to Matt Jordan..

Watching his film makes one wonder why Jordan didn't get any more attention from other schools. First off, his frame is perfect for the role he'll play at Georgia Tech -- he's tall enough to throw from the pocket, but not so tall that he loses leverage. Plus, his frame is solid, meaning durability and speed. Oh, and speed isn't just an assumption. Jordan can run. He shows great speed, vision, and has pretty good agility to boot. Also, it turns out QB's are supposed to be able to throw -- Jordan can do that too. He does a great job with footwork and mechanics in the pocket, but can also throw on the run on rollout passes or when flushed from the pocket. His deep passes in particular are beautiful -- he shows great arm strength but also accuracy in the vertical passing game. The only potential "flaw" I can find in his highlight tape is that he played seemingly entirely from the shotgun in high school, meaning there will be a learning curve to playing from under center. However, if that's a QB's biggest question coming in to this offense, there's really not much to worry about.

Another thing you'll come to find out about Jordan is that he's really got a good head on his shoulders. After hearing of Vad Lee's departure, Jordan spoke with Kelly Quinlan of JacketsOnline. His reaction (subscription required) was extremely impressive for a high school senior, and showed great maturity and understanding of the game. If you need more evidence, watch his highlights around the 1:03 mark and watch him stay with a play long enough to block two defenders 30+ yards down the field -- and that's after handing the ball off.

Link
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...tech-yellow-jackets-recruiting-matthew-jordan
First time I watched his tape looking to see how he sets up blocks and cuts off of them. I see excellent form. While it results in big gains in hs, it should help at staying ahead of schedule. Also he has an excellent touch on his passes to the corner and down the seam! Ball hits reciever in stride and from high angle. With 2 years study behind Jet, he should be good with his keys.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Will be happy with whoever. FWIW, I like MJ and JJ. Both have unconventional releases, and hard for me to do anything but guess about their accuracy from my vantage.

Sucks that MJ is hurt. He seems like a guy who levels up with practice.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm assuming he's kidding right? This would be insane imo, AB's would have to try and keep good relationship with 4 QB's (of different speeds) on the pitch, which takes a lot of practice. BB and QB mesh takes a lot of practice. And it takes more than anything rhythm for a QB and the rest of the team, which would be very hard switching QB's in and out. I wouldn't be opposed to playing two at the first of the season if two guys are really close and then you go with the hot hand, but that's about it for me.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm assuming he's kidding right? This would be insane imo, AB's would have to try and keep good relationship with 4 QB's (of different speeds) on the pitch, which takes a lot of practice. BB and QB mesh takes a lot of practice. And it takes more than anything rhythm for a QB and the rest of the team, which would be very hard switching QB's in and out. I wouldn't be opposed to playing two at the first of the season if two guys are really close and then you go with the hot hand, but that's about it for me.
Agree

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agree, but with talent we have at backup we could send in backup an, bb and an for a set play. .
Keep everyone's head in game.

Would love to see fastest AN s and Lucas come in for a couple of plays.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UUhhhh, what's a "sex chicken"? ("We sort of already have, because comment sections are essentially made for arguments and "discussions" that are just arguments without calling each other Sex Chickens.")

Not that this was subtle, but it did end with "This is a work of satire. Please don't encourage me."

Update: I don't think he meant this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sex chicken , so I'm still confused.