QB battle

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
"He knows what he's doing, he understands the checks, he knows where the ball should be going in the run game and the pass game; it's just making all the throws" said quarterbacks/B-backs coach Craig Candeto about Jordan's passing ability. "He's thrown the ball well at times in the spring and there are times when he's got to get better.

"You don't have to a great passer all the time in this offense, but you've got to make the throws that are there. All those guys understand the deal, that's it's an open spot, and all of them want it."

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040717aaa.html

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
THANK YOU.... It seems I had Tevin and Jaybo mixed up... Or maybe I just twisted things in my head...

Here is what I find interesting about the article..

Recruiting Analyst Scott Kennedy on Tevin Washington:
"A pass first quarterback with excellent mobility, Washington uses his elusiveness to scan downfield first, then to take off and run second. He has a quick release and is accurate on the short and intermediate routes. He has nice touch on the long ball, but struggles just a bit if he has to muscle up on a deep out. Deceptively fast, he's not a shake and bake type of runner, but possesses tremendous open field speed."

Do we have a Recruiting Analyst Scott Kennedy on Matt Jordan???
I am not even close to a "recruiting analyst" but I will play one on the board. I saw Washington in person 2-3 times a year and every other game that was televised, and recorded all of them for playback. Which I did faithfully until my Direct TV DVR blew up. I do not know who this "scouting report" is intended for, but it ain't Tevin Washington. He did some things really well, such as running the option, and he remains the best Johnson has had at GT doing this. (You may differ, buy this is my scouting report.) He had average top-end speed, no strength, but he could find running gaps to slide through as part of his option routes. I'd like to pretty up his passing, but it wasn't pretty, and benefits only in comparisons with such as Nesbitt. He could be accurate fairly deep, but frustratingly and wildly inaccurate at other times. I am guessing he had small hands because sometimes that ball was a butterfly bouncing on wind currents. But yes, with all that he ran a very good offensive unit.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but you're wrong on this one. TW was recruited by CPJ and came to GT after CCG was long gone.
If I recall right, Johnson was scrambling with a lot of recruits so late in the process -- new coach, new school, new offensive scheme -- and lost a couple, including a QB, who just didn't fit his option scheme. There was a teeny weeny RB out of Texas who led the world in rushing and I think GT was his only division one offer.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
If I recall right, Johnson was scrambling with a lot of recruits so late in the process -- new coach, new school, new offensive scheme -- and lost a couple, including a QB, who just didn't fit his option scheme. There was a teeny weeny RB out of Texas who led the world in rushing and I think GT was his only division one offer.
Marcus Wright?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Marcus Wright?
That would be the one. He graduated, I believe, but never played much after the first year and not a whole lot then. But my memory is pretty thin there. Seems to me one of the marks of a maturity in the program and Johnson's recruiting can be traced to his A back recruitment over the years.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UUhhhh, what's a "sex chicken"? ("We sort of already have, because comment sections are essentially made for arguments and "discussions" that are just arguments without calling each other Sex Chickens.")

Not that this was subtle, but it did end with "This is a work of satire. Please don't encourage me."

Update: I don't think he meant this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sex chicken , so I'm still confused.
It all started right here: https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2...l-tidbits-6-16-louisvilles-in-troooooubleeeee
From the first paragraph:
"What’s the easiest way to inject excitement into the offseason? Sanctions! Ol’ Rick Pitino let things get a little beaucoup cuckoo with his basketball program a few years back, and those sex chickens are finally coming home to roost. That’s probably the worst thing I’ve ever written."

Then the commenters on the site took it from there.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
4th qtr only got close because the offense had a horrid 3rd qtr.
They scored 30 points, it doesn't matter if they had a bad 3rd or not. The O played good minus the 3rd and the D played good minus the 4th. The O and D still played pretty even. I could literally use the excuse it only got close in the 4th because the D didn't play well.That's almost saying the same thing you said about the O, it's just part of the game. Once again it was a pretty evenly played game from O and D imo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
They scored 30 points, it doesn't matter if they had a bad 3rd or not. The O played good minus the 3rd and the D played good minus the 4th. The O and D still played pretty even. I could literally use the excuse it only got close in the 4th because the D didn't play well.That's almost saying the same thing you said about the O, it's just part of the game. Once again it was a pretty evenly played game from O and D imo.

Good grief. I guess you missed the context of my comment on the D in relation to my prior post that wins and losses are usually team wins and losses. Or are you just incapable of giving the D any credit at all when they have played well???

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Good grief. I guess you missed the context of my comment on the D in relation to my prior post that wins and losses are usually team wins and losses. Or are you just incapable of giving the D any credit at all when they have played well???
First I didn't pay attention to your other post, second I said the D and O played equally good. I even said the D played well in my comment lol, so what are you trying to get at with asking if I can give them credit when they do well, when I clearly gave them credit? Why are you complaining about how I talked about the D and not the O when I talked about them in the same context? Are you assuming I was bashing the D? I wasn't. Did you even read my full comment? I wasn't posting my comment to argue, I was posting my comment to show my
Opinion and that I think it's crazy to say the only reason it got close was because of the O (I can't say anything on your post in relationship to your other post because I didn't pay attention to it) . This is a message board so I don't see anything wrong with posting my opinion. So I'm not to sure why your comment was so defensive.