QB battle

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What system isn't dependant on timing? That's all offenses. Our offense is not unique.

This is college. Players change every year. Coaches need to replace veterans with newbies every year. Nature of the beast. Coaches that are successful are the ones who develop and have a plan in place.

We're not anymore (or less) unique in those regard than anyone else.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this, but everybody knows we struggle out of the gate and it doesn't matter who the qb is. I really wish you'd ask CPJ why we don't run more run and shoot during the call in show. Heck I might even do it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I really wish you'd ask CPJ why we don't run more run and shoot during the call in show. Heck I might even do it.

Probably because of the QBs we've been able to sign. Vad was considered a fairly good passer coming out of HS, and CPJ made adjustment for it...though I wish it was more going RnS heavy with our existing playbook than trying to get exotic with Pistol and Diamond formations. JeT was a decent passer, and we did see a little more passing with JeT.

CPJ now has LJ. I think he wants to take advantage of a talented passer. That doesn't mean sacrificing our ground game, because as CPJ stated with Vad, if you don't get our option plays down, we ain't gonna pass more. Our offense will ALWAYS center around our option game, and I'm more than fine with that.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ now has LJ. I think he wants to take advantage of a talented passer. That doesn't mean sacrificing our ground game, because as CPJ stated with Vad, if you don't get our option plays down, we ain't gonna pass more. Our offense will ALWAYS center around our option game, and I'm more than fine with that.

I hope we toss it long alot this year, whatever it takes, including a few big bombs against the Lols.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this, but everybody knows we struggle out of the gate and it doesn't matter who the qb is. I really wish you'd ask CPJ why we don't run more run and shoot during the call in show. Heck I might even do it.
I think this is more of a myth than reality but I don't care enough to really argue it. It seems obvious that most D's are ahead of most O's at the start of the season.

Deleted member 2897

I think this is more of a myth than reality but I don't care enough to really argue it. It seems obvious that most D's are ahead of most O's at the start of the season.

I won't speak for the poster, but when I make that allegation, its not about who gets outplayed. I'm talking about missed assignments. We seem to average 75+ early in the season. While not ideal, I'm okay with someone being in the right place but just getting outplayed. What sucks and is frustrating is when people seemingly all over the field go to the wrong place or try to block the wrong person (or nobody).

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
What's makes you think Cool hand Luke won out @Techster ??

I mean I like the idea and have been screaming on this board (and past boards) for a true duel threat qb. I'm just not sure CPJ won't just play it safe with Quan.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What's makes you think Cool hand Luke won out @Techster ??

I mean I like the idea and have been screaming on this board (and past boards) for a true duel threat qb. I'm just not sure CPJ won't just play it safe with Quan.

I don't think he's the starter, but I do think he's going to play against UT.

BREAKING: Sources close to the team confirm TaQuon Marshall will start at QB for the Jacketspic.twitter.com/fQYLffLnat

DI5s6X9WAAApnCf.jpg

12:56 PM - 4 Sep 2017

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Claim the guy I'm pretty sure everyone thinks is going to start is going to start even without any real source and it'll look like your predicted it right.