Props to Shamire Devine

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Shamire was also one of two players the GM and owner for the Arizona Cardinals were gushing over in the "All or Nothing" season 1 when they were scouting the GT vs. ND game.

He definitely has NFL potential and I'm sure he'll draw a lot of interest from scouts.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I watched him some last night and was VERY impressed.

Congrats to the young man (and I will be sorry to see him leave our line next year).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Famous Last Coach-Speak:

"Shamire? He's a role player."

P. Johnson, 2017 fall camp press conference.

To be fair, CPJ is correct about Shamire. Shamire's role is the destroyer of defenders.

That's the type of performance that makes me so high on Shamire. He's always been the most physically gifted OL, if not one of the most physically gifted players overall. He'll be as successful in football as he wants to be.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Did Will move to Left Tackle last night?
Yes, he did. I think it was a package deal to give Lee and Stickler a break during the game. When Will moved to OT it looked like either Lee or Stickler went to the bench. But others may have been paying more attention to rotations then I did and can fill in the details. Shamire got some breaks too when the starting lineup at OL took the field.

A very effective use of experience and manpower, imho, largely due to Shamire's play and Stick's improvement. Having 8 guys, many who can play multiple positions, makes life difficult for opposing Ds.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
TQM Was not the best in the ACC by grade so they didn't post it. They occasionally post scores by game but they did not do one for us so Shamir is the only one we'll know about until UCF when they will post a preview of the three best players. According to them, our 3 best players heading into this year in order we're Simmons, Braun, and Gray (pretty accurate IMO)

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The whole O line played great. We knocked them off the ball for about 4 yards.
Well, they gave us the first yard, lining up at least 4ft off the LOS. I don't think that helped them much as it just gave our guys a full step to gather speed before ramming them. I understand the thought behind it, but I don't think they would prepare that way again given the results. With all that film out there of teams shooting A-gaps and such, I am surprised. Your point remains though. Our OL played really well. However, rest assured, not every team is going to wait back to catch us, especially with this game fresh in their minds.