Props to Andrew Thacker (maybe CGC)

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the takeaway is different if Klubnik played the whole game. DJ clearly isn't playing great in that offense, and I think that masked some of our defensive issues. I don't think we'll know if the defense is actually better until we see Ole Miss in week 3.

JacketFan137

Banned
We gave up 41 points. They all count until the clock reads 00:00. The D had moments but the game is 60 minutes long.

There's no way to put lipstick on this latest pig. 41-10 is nothing to build off of other than exposing The Current Guy for the failure he continues to be. And the clock on Stansbury just ran off more time.
don’t see this as a realistic view of the game tbh. i get we need to be hard asses and play tough but dabo went hurry up with klubnik to save some face and appeal to some tiger net fans

paul johnson didn’t play a remotely competitive game with clemson his last 4 years coaching for us. we just have to worry about beating our coastal opponents. clemson hasn’t been our barometer in a LONG time

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Our DL played well. How much of that is due to their improvement vs the Clemson OL and DJ struggling is hard to tell. I think we will know more when we play Ole Miss. Our offense needs to help them out though. We can't go 3 and out on 5 of our last 6 drives and expect the defense to hold up.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
don’t see this as a realistic view of the game tbh. i get we need to be hard asses and play tough but dabo went hurry up with klubnik to save some face and appeal to some tiger net fans

paul johnson didn’t play a remotely competitive game with clemson his last 4 years coaching for us. we just have to worry about beating our coastal opponents. clemson hasn’t been our barometer in a LONG time
Sorry. I am not sure where you are going with your view of the game. The Clemson fans around me were even laughing at the clown show by Collins tonight. Seriously, 137, I believe you watched the same game I did, but you cannot put enough lipstick on the pig tonight.

It is not only CGC, but there is no excuse for the performance of the offensive line tonight either. The pre snap penalties harken back to two years ago and this falls on CBK. There were at least 5.

The play by the defense in the first half was commendable. But the breakdown by special teams and the offensive line doomed the outcome to the eventual blow out.

JacketFan137

Banned
Sorry. I am not sure where you are going with your view of the game. The Clemson fans around me were even laughing at the clown show by Collins tonight. Seriously, 137, I believe you watched the same game I did, but you cannot put enough lipstick on the pig tonight.

It is not only CGC, but there is no excuse for the performance of the offensive line tonight either. The pre snap penalties harken back to two years ago and this falls on CBK. There were at least 5.

The play by the defense in the first half was commendable. But the breakdown by special teams and the offensive line doomed the outcome to the eventual blow out.
if you care what other fans think that much then quit watching football. that’s such a ridiculous thing to say grow up, be an adult and ignore them. nothing about that game was that embarrassing. if you’re that insecure about tech football find a new team

our defense actually looked a lot better. when not forced into **** field position they made some plays. our offense could have been better but that is by far, like literally universes better, than any d line we will see until uga. pre snap stuff was bad but that is actually coachable. you can’t overcome guys just getting outplayed and honestly the line held their own.

if you want to sulk and be super negative i get it since collins hasn’t given us much to be positive about throughout his time here, but if you think that this result is indicative of how we will look against the vast majority of the teams on our schedule i think you’re reaching and just seeking the negative in this situation.

if collins has your attitude we will suck all year but if he is mature and builds off of the things we did right then this team could actually compete in the coastal

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The game was a blast until somebody called a trick play on 4th down.

Then we game out if reach but 6 min to go he ran 3 belly series into teeth of defense and punted.

Sims has matured!

The deep pass defense and infant all the pass defense has greatly improved

This Clemson dl was very good but not as good as the one in 2016. Our line was manhandled.
One bright spot is the walk on 67 did pretty good at rg. Good footwork.

JacketFan137

Banned
I would love to have a job where I can get props for not doing what I’m paid to do. Thacker has a sweet gig.
our defense was not the issue tonight. by far our best unit and i don’t think it’s really close. offense was struggling to establish anything as clemson’s d line was the best position group on the field, special teams with two catastrophic errors and a missed field goal.

our defense wasn’t perfect and could have made a few more plays that could have made a difference but i don’t think anyone who watched the game intently could say the defense is the reason we lost tonight

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
our defense was not the issue tonight. by far our best unit and i don’t think it’s really close. offense was struggling to establish anything as clemson’s d line was the best position group on the field, special teams with two catastrophic errors and a missed field goal.

our defense wasn’t perfect and could have made a few more plays that could have made a difference but i don’t think anyone who watched the game intently could say the defense is the reason we lost tonight

The defense didn’t lose the game, but Clemson moved the ball pretty much at will the second half. Last year’s team held this offense to 14 points. I really don’t think we need to go out of our way to “give props” to anyone after losing 41-10.

JacketFan137

Banned
The defense didn’t lose the game, but Clemson moved the ball pretty much at will the second half. Last year’s team held this offense to 14 points. I really don’t think we need to go out of our way to “give props” to anyone after losing 41-10.
last years team didn’t have two punts blocked and give up the ball on downs late in the game. if you want to box score watch then yes, it was worse but the actual play on the field was honestly better.

i also think at the time we played clemson last year they were REALLY bad.

we’ll see how we end up in the next few weeks but i think you’re overreacting to the defense’s performance. they can only do so much when the offense and special teams makes their job that hard

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
last years team didn’t have two punts blocked and give up the ball on downs late in the game. if you want to box score watch then yes, it was worse but the actual play on the field was honestly better.

i also think at the time we played clemson last year they were REALLY bad.

we’ll see how we end up in the next few weeks but i think you’re overreacting to the defense’s performance. they can only do so much when the offense and special teams makes their job that hard

Even if you take the blocked punts away, they still scored double what they scored last year. Is Clemson that much better this year? I don’t know. It’s the first game of the season, but the main reason I brought up last year’s game is we played them close and had a chance to force OT AT Clemson and we still only won 3 games. I’m not taking the fools gold of “playing well against a top program” again. Not to mention, while I agree the final score isn’t a true indicator of the game, we ultimately were not even in this game by the 4th quarter. No need for moral victories. We lost by 31.