ProJackets Update

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
His original offer from Alabama was to play QB. After Saban got the guy he wanted for QB, he approached Thomas about moving to db. Thomas then visited Tech. and changed his commitment. Anything you heard different is sec spin.

Not just this Fisher was recruiting him to FSU as a QB then he got winston. JT was being looked at as a QB at more places than Tech.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Patriots released, and then re-signed Demaryius Thomas. I think it was a money thing.
They wanted to keep another player on injured reserved, which if they did that, that player could only come back much later. This way they have instant access to DT and the other guy can come back sooner if he heals sooner. DT got a larger salary, but loses guaranteed salary.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think we are about to leave Harvard in the dust and head towards Stanford which has about 30 with half being linemen .
Don't we have to get some of those top linemen recruits first? So far we are getting the same level of recruits on the o-line that everyone has been complaining about for years, unless you think the new o line coach can coach them up.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't we have to get some of those top linemen recruits first? So far we are getting the same level of recruits on the o-line that everyone has been complaining about for years, unless you think the new o line coach can coach them up.
Right now I think it’s not so much about getting better linemen (though that would be nice) but rather getting linemen who are better suited to what we want to do on offense. Brent Key will probably coach them up as well. One of the big issues we’re having right now is that the older linemen are having to unlearn years of habits that work great in CPJ’s offense but not so well in CDP’s offense. Getting recruits who are both a physical match for CDP’s vision and a blank slate for CBK to define will hopefully yield vastly improved results.