ProJackets Update

Cam

Helluva Engineer
There was an article this morning in The Athletic assigning retrospective Draft Grades to the 2016 NFL Draft Classes. They assessed the best player, best value, biggest miss, and gave a general overview of each class. Here's a snippet of what they said for the Broncos:
Best player: Adam Gotsis

The stat-sheet production isn’t overly impressive (only 5.0 career sacks), but Gotsis has played an important role for Denver’s defensive front. The Broncos’ 2016 class will be most remembered as the “Paxton Lynch draft,” but the team’s non-first rounders have panned out well, led by Gotsis.

They praise the Broncos for drafting future starters like Gotsis, but penalize them heavily for trading up and whiffing on Paxton Lynch in the first round. No mention of DJ White under the Kansas City Chiefs' assessment aside from saying he's currently a free agent.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A couple of more articles on Waller and DT:

"Head coach Jon Gruden has mentioned several times that they are excited to see Waller in camp and that they are going to give him the “chance of a lifetime” as there is no established starter at the position.

Given how athletic he is and the flashes we saw last season, it wouldn’t be all that surprising if Waller was able to win the starting job in camp. Look for the Raiders to give him every opportunity to do so this offseason."

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/20...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=inline-related

"Thomas is dangerously being perceived as a washed-up receiver with rapidly declining skills. He obviously isn’t the same player at 31 years old that he was in his mid-20’s, but it would be a huge mistake to sleep on his ability to still produce on offense, especially with Brady throwing him the ball and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels calling the plays.

Let’s not pretend like Thomas has been in a great situation his last couple seasons, which are predominantly used as proof of his precipitous skid in production."

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=inline-related

Interesting they do not make any mention of how he is doing in recovery from his Achilles tear.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
otoh--not many guys have got those--also think what Tech would have been without him---SCARY
I've told this story before but it bears repeating IMO...:)
My 94 year old mother is a long time good friend with Harrison's grandmother. It could be said they are BFF's. My mom likes to remind me how she helped recruit Harrison to GT the couple of times she saw him during his HS senior year. God bless her!

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I've told this story before but it bears repeating IMO...:)
My 94 year old mother is a long time good friend with Harrison's grandmother. It could be said they are BFF's. My mom likes to remind me how she helped recruit Harrison to GT the couple of times she saw him during his HS senior year. God bless her!

That's cool! Does she post pictures of him on her wall?