ProJackets Update

GTFLETCH

Banned
Former QB Justin Thomas is or was playing WR in the CFL...

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats signed two internationals: receiver Justin Thomas and linebacker Darnell Leslie. Thomas, 25, played eight games with the Alliance of American Football’s Atlanta Legends earlier this year, recording 16 receptions for 172 yards while adding five carries for 15 yards. The five-foot-eleven-inch, 189-pound native of Prattville, Ala. spent time in the National Football League from 2017 to 2018 with the New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Rams and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Link
https://globalnews.ca/news/5281082/hamilton-tiger-cats-release-jalen-saunders/

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What's other people's guesses? If he had accepted his original offer to play defensive back for Alabama would he have gotten better opportunities in the NFL?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How big are NFL db’s?
Why do u ask?
Your jacksonville Jaguars have 6 cb that are cb 5-11 and shorter and 5 that are 6 ft and taller.
Does that tell u what needed to know?

I bet u were thinking about how he compares to our top recruit from your home town. I read he s from Trinity Christian and is 6 '2.
Would u have any local info on him? You check on miles, ok?
i will ask about JT - met a hs teammate and home town friend of his. My friend is one of few to beat smoove in 100 yd . Friend was track guy that went on to play football at Tulane .

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
How big are NFL db’s?
Sounds like you got your answer.

I had no agenda with my question. Just curious about people's opinions. JT was a phenomenal athlete for us but some have argued that Alabama attracts better players because they are a pipeline to the NFL. As you know CPJ was skeptical about any particular school being better than another in preparing you for the NFL. "If you are good enough they will find you ." I always thought that was probably true but kids like to be told that a particular school is their ticket to the pros.

Would it have made a difference with JT? Would the Alabama hype have gotten him a draft position that would have compelled a team to stick with him? Would longer time in college and the pros at db allowed him to develop? Or is some of this just a crap shoot regardless?

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds like you got your answer.

I had no agenda with my question. Just curious about people's opinions. JT was a phenomenal athlete for us but some have argued that Alabama attracts better players because they are a pipeline to the NFL. As you know CPJ was skeptical about any particular school being better than another in preparing you for the NFL. "If you are good enough they will find you ." I always thought that was probably true but kids like to be told that a particular school is their ticket to the pros.

Would it have made a difference with JT? Would the Alabama hype have gotten him a draft position that would have compelled a team to stick with him? Would longer time in college and the pros at db allowed him to develop? Or is some of this just a crap shoot regardless?
I question if he would have started as a db for them. He would have been smallish for their dbs. The funny thing is, more 4 star players dont start on their roster than any where else.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
What's other people's guesses? If he had accepted his original offer to play defensive back for Alabama would he have gotten better opportunities in the NFL?
His original offer from Alabama was to play QB. After Saban got the guy he wanted for QB, he approached Thomas about moving to db. Thomas then visited Tech. and changed his commitment. Anything you heard different is sec spin.