ProJackets Update

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Hadn't thought much about it but maybe his anecdotal pitching one-on-one mentality did jumpstart him at WR. He at least didn't have to learn to compete one to one with corners and safeties. As well I liked his view of his speed: as fast as he needs to be.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Falcons want to re-sign Wheeler

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-want-to-re-sign-wheeler/nqq3j/

BOCA RATON, Fla. — The Falcons are in discussions to re-signed unrestricted free agent Philip Wheeler, coach Dan Quinn said on Wednesday.

Wheeler, the veteran from Georgia Tech, came on strong after being picked up at midseason.

He played in nine games, making two starts. He finished with 30 tackles, a tackle for a loss and a sack. He played with the speed and urgency that Quinn covets. He’s also valuable as a reserve. He played 144 snaps (13.7 percent) and 75 snaps on special teams.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
DeAndre Smelter in Chip Kelly's offense...think about it...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/3/...ks-bay-area-living-recovery-and-where-he-sees

LOL at the guy asking Smelter about living in SF on "4th round money".
I'm fully on board with Smelter, I think he'll have a solid, long career in the NFL (Boldin comparisons seem a little played out but that is absolutely who he reminds me of). To my (admittedly biased) eyes he looked every bit as good a WR as anyone in the country his last year, including Amari Cooper.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/04/04/bombers-add-green-dieke/

WINNIPEG, MB
– The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International defensive back Justin Green and International defensive lineman Emmanuel Dieke.

Dieke (6-6, 280, Georgia Tech, September 23, 1990 in Jackson, MS) signed with the New York Giants in 2014 following a four year career at Georgia Tech. He moved on to sign with the Miami Dolphins later that year, spending the 2014 season on the Dolphins practice roster. Dieke played in 49 games with 25 starts at Georgia Tech. He totalled 72 tackles (41 solo), five sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. As a senior in 2013, he started all 13 games and had a career-high 28 tackles (15 solo) and one sack.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm fully on board with Smelter, I think he'll have a solid, long career in the NFL (Boldin comparisons seem a little played out but that is absolutely who he reminds me of). To my (admittedly biased) eyes he looked every bit as good a WR as anyone in the country his last year, including Amari Cooper.
I think his observation that he could run as fast as the guy next to him was pretty much on from what we saw. Nobody every beat him although some question his downfield speed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
His speed and length are top notch, blocking is good too. Capable of making big, even spectacular plays. Concentration and consistency were biggest weaknesses. Easy catch dropped after highlight reel catch happened too frequently. Doesn't mean he can't improve in those or even all areas. Wish him success.