ProJackets Update

LibertyTurns

Banned
Forgot he was an agent, good for him.

In other news, Butker taking the field now. He lost the game winner or game tying kick last year in their playoff game iirc. Needs a big game today.
Butker off to a good start 2-2 on XP’s. Need that home field so NE doesn’t get a cake walk back to SB.

nyto

Georgia Tech Fan
Would love it, but can't see DT coming to Atlanta.... could be the #1 /#2 WR in Green Bay, Indy or New England instead.

Milwaukee

Banned
Unfortunately I think he's done as far as making any sort of impact. Lots of speculation about New England taking him in. He looked really bad in Houston way before the injury. He had one good game there with a couple of redzone catches (TDs), nothing explosive. Hopefully he has a year or 2 of explosive ability left. Best of luck.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I can tell you. Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, & Case Keenum
You seem to be suggesting a QB is needed as part of this pitch and catch thing, but it didn't slow him down at Georgia Tech. (I know, I know. That's churlish.) I hope he can recover, again, and finish out a good career.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You seem to be suggesting a QB is needed as part of this pitch and catch thing, but it didn't slow him down at Georgia Tech. (I know, I know. That's churlish.) I hope he can recover, again, and finish out a good career.

One on one coverage playing in the option meant Nesbitt only needed to get it close to DT. Not many in the NFL left him as open as he was in college. That being said, he probably has 1-2 more decent years left in him, if recovery goes well.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It could have been worse: he could've had Matt Stafford as his QB. You'd really have to be a super-star, wide-receiver-for-the-ages kinda player to put up good stats with Stafford chucking the pigskin at you.
Remarkable how many coaches in the NFL have no regard for talent or even recognize it. Using Calvin Johnson as a possession receiver over the middle was like using a cannon to stick up an ice cream truck.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I did not read all 49 pages due to time constraints but could anyone tell us which former Tech players are still active in the NFL?
This is according to ESPN's list ( http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/g )
  • Jeremiah Attaochu, New York Jets, Linebacker
  • Morgan Burnett, Pittsburgh Steelers, Safety
  • Harrison Butker, Kansas City Chiefs, Place kicker
  • Step Durham, Kansas City Chiefs, Cornerback
  • Adam Gotsis, Denver Broncos, Defensive End
  • Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals, Defensive End
  • Shaq Mason, New England Patriots, Guard
  • Chris Milton, Indianapolis Colts, Cornerback
  • Derrick Morgan, Tennessee Titans, Linebacker
  • Demaryius Thomas, Houston Texans, Wide Receiver
  • Darren Waller, Oakland Raiders, Tight End

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is according to ESPN's list ( http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/g )
  • Jeremiah Attaochu, New York Jets, Linebacker
  • Morgan Burnett, Pittsburgh Steelers, Safety
  • Harrison Butker, Kansas City Chiefs, Place kicker
  • Step Durham, Kansas City Chiefs, Cornerback
  • Adam Gotsis, Denver Broncos, Defensive End
  • Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals, Defensive End
  • Shaq Mason, New England Patriots, Guard
  • Chris Milton, Indianapolis Colts, Cornerback
  • Derrick Morgan, Tennessee Titans, Linebacker
  • Demaryius Thomas, Houston Texans, Wide Receiver
  • Darren Waller, Oakland Raiders, Tight End
Thank you.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I can tell you. Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, & Case Keenum
Yep. As long as John Elway is the GM there they are going to have problems with their O. His latest move - trading(!) to get Joe Flacco(!!) - is indicative. The guy has a fixation on QBs like he was; i.e. tall white guys with strong arms. The minor problem of being able to throw something the WRs can catch seems to be off his scope. I guess the people in Denver should look on the bright side. After all, Christian Hackenberg was available and Elway didn't snap him up.

As for DT: if I were an NFL GM, I'd take him in a minute. Chances are that all he needs to do is get healthy to be effective and he'd come cheap. That the Pats are interested is indicative of what I'm saying; they're famous for re-habbing players like Thomas.