1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

ProJackets Update

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by jwsavhGT, Aug 31, 2015.

1. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Butker off to a good start 2-2 on XP’s. Need that home field so NE doesn’t get a cake walk back to SB.

COJacket likes this.
  2. FightWinDrink

FightWinDrink Helluva Engineer

3. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

He heals up bring him home for a season with the falcons. Imagine that 4 headed monster Jones Ridley sanu thomas

vamosjackets likes this.
  4. Jacket05

Jacket05 Ramblin' Wreck

Well one thing is for sure, the Falcons have plenty of cap space now to make this move. #StillBitterAboutBryant

5. nyto

nyto Jolly Good Fellow

Would love it, but can't see DT coming to Atlanta.... could be the #1 /#2 WR in Green Bay, Indy or New England instead.

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Unfortunately I think he's done as far as making any sort of impact. Lots of speculation about New England taking him in. He looked really bad in Houston way before the injury. He had one good game there with a couple of redzone catches (TDs), nothing explosive. Hopefully he has a year or 2 of explosive ability left. Best of luck.

COJacket and Skeptic like this.
  7. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

He tailed off pretty severely which got him traded from Denver. Wonder what that was all about.

8. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete Featured Member

I can tell you. Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, & Case Keenum

ThatGuy, Lee34102, CTJacket and 10 others like this.
  9. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

You seem to be suggesting a QB is needed as part of this pitch and catch thing, but it didn't slow him down at Georgia Tech. (I know, I know. That's churlish.) I hope he can recover, again, and finish out a good career.

COJacket likes this.
  10. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

One on one coverage playing in the option meant Nesbitt only needed to get it close to DT. Not many in the NFL left him as open as he was in college. That being said, he probably has 1-2 more decent years left in him, if recovery goes well.

11. GTpdm

GTpdm Helluva Engineer

It could have been worse: he could've had Matt Stafford as his QB. You'd really have to be a super-star, wide-receiver-for-the-ages kinda player to put up good stats with Stafford chucking the pigskin at you.

CTJacket, Jacket05 and B Lifsey like this.
  12. Jacket in Dairyland

Jacket in Dairyland Helluva Engineer

Nice sarcasm......:p

13. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Remarkable how many coaches in the NFL have no regard for talent or even recognize it. Using Calvin Johnson as a possession receiver over the middle was like using a cannon to stick up an ice cream truck.

14. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Or maybe not using him at all in the ACC championship game against a weaker opponent. :banghead:

15. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

I did not read all 49 pages due to time constraints but could anyone tell us which former Tech players are still active in the NFL?

16. trombone4Christ

trombone4Christ Ramblin' Wreck

17. plangineer

plangineer Helluva Engineer

This is according to ESPN's list ( http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/g )
    • Jeremiah Attaochu, New York Jets, Linebacker
    • Morgan Burnett, Pittsburgh Steelers, Safety
    • Harrison Butker, Kansas City Chiefs, Place kicker
    • Step Durham, Kansas City Chiefs, Cornerback
    • Adam Gotsis, Denver Broncos, Defensive End
    • Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals, Defensive End
    • Shaq Mason, New England Patriots, Guard
    • Chris Milton, Indianapolis Colts, Cornerback
    • Derrick Morgan, Tennessee Titans, Linebacker
    • Demaryius Thomas, Houston Texans, Wide Receiver
    • Darren Waller, Oakland Raiders, Tight End

B Lifsey and Northeast Stinger like this.
  18. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

Thank you.

plangineer likes this.
  19. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

Yep. As long as John Elway is the GM there they are going to have problems with their O. His latest move - trading(!) to get Joe Flacco(!!) - is indicative. The guy has a fixation on QBs like he was; i.e. tall white guys with strong arms. The minor problem of being able to throw something the WRs can catch seems to be off his scope. I guess the people in Denver should look on the bright side. After all, Christian Hackenberg was available and Elway didn't snap him up.

As for DT: if I were an NFL GM, I'd take him in a minute. Chances are that all he needs to do is get healthy to be effective and he'd come cheap. That the Pats are interested is indicative of what I'm saying; they're famous for re-habbing players like Thomas.

Northeast Stinger and BuzzStone like this.
  20. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member